Tiff Goes to Timbuctoo

Tiffany

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Yes, the rumors are true, I have bought an F650 GS (Ethel is her name) and I´m heading off to Timbuctoo.

Why?????????

Because it´s there.
I set off on 27th December
I found a gaggle of GSers in Plymouth waiting for the ferry- the lucky Clive, Mike and Bert who then had my company for the next three days. Borrowing socks, beds and technical expertise, in return I had such delights as a breakfast time conversation about vasectomies.

It was a relaxing feeling to just be following another bike for a change - especially when I could hear Mike cursing at his GPS.

We crossed "The Bridge"- it seems to have rapidly acquired a status similar to Bridge over the River Kwai.

We made it to Barcelona in three days. It was a great sensation to be in a busy foreign city and that feeling of total anarchy as far as traffic rules are concerned as you try to make your way through the traffic - pavements become roads.
An added complication was the fact that everyone seemed to think I was part of the Dakar Rally and were constantly directing me to the Plaza España....when all I was trying to do was find my hotel.

Tiffany C said:
Yes, the rumors are true, I have bought an F650 GS (Ethel is her name) and I´m heading off to Timbuctoo.

You'll be wearing frocks and heals next :eek: :D :D :D

Tiff....... keep oiling that chain now. (we should have a poll as to how much chain oil Ethal needs.)

and let us know what setting that heated vest is on when you get there ;)

(jose is in orr.... well and me too :p )

Re: Re: Tiff Goes to Timbuctoo

Iain Hogg said:
You'll be wearing frocks and heals next :eek: :D :D :D

She did at the party and looked stunning! :)

Hope you'll make it back to Lands End by April. There's a chance I'll meet you there.
Chances of meeting you in Timbuctoo are sub zero :)

Jealous? Me? Nahh

Have a safe trip!

Michel

The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades :cool: :cool: :cool:
No, wait, that was Timbuk3, sorry.

Safe trip...

Bert, Clive and "Herself" (Pyrenees in the background)

Attachments

• pyrenees team.jpg
    pyrenees team.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 1,157
Tiffany crossing that bridge.

Attachments

• crossing millau bridge.jpg
    crossing millau bridge.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,149
Barcelona party

Nice to put faces to names. Enjoyed the whole event thereJack slept most of the back very foggy over the bridge

Re: Barcelona party

Tony C said:
Nice to put faces to names. Enjoyed the whole event thereJack slept most of the back very foggy over the bridge

Tony,

Sorry I missed you before you left.

E-mail me from my profile and I'll send you some of the party photos.

Mike.

Re: Re: Barcelona party

Gotterdammerung said:
Tony,

Sorry I missed you before you left.

E-mail me from my profile and I'll send you some of the party photos.

Mike.
unable to get your e-mail mine is on my profile

Re: Re: Re: Barcelona party

Tony C said:
unable to get your e-mail mine is on my profile
my phone 01952-299891 if you cannot get on my mail mike

In Laayoune

Having a great time, such fantastic scenery

Sand is beginning to creep onto the roads.....

I have got Tobi on his R100GS and Kieran on a KTM 650 with me - both a bit slack in waking up in the mornings but I will soon change that§

off to pick up my desert tyres in the morning - hoping to find them stashed in Dakhla by my trusty -or do I mean rusty-support crew, Fanum and co.

It's when the sand starts creeping elsewhere you want to worry Tiff. :eyebrow

I'd think about a mask of some sort before you meet up with the Plymouth- Banjul boys they must be getting quite ripe by now :eek:

How's Ethel performing? That was my Aunties name.

Have fun

Lol

Back
Top Bottom