hooked the laptop up to my TV
46" HD + 1000w sony surround system
BINGO
even better
my misses piers over the top of the tablet and goes whos that
then starts laughing at the comments
shes now hooked to
looks great on the big screen :beerjug:

Here in Germany, I often cannot see YouTube videos because of Sony Music Copyright violation issues, etc. - usually on UK/Irish origin video clips with music background.

I don't have any issues with the videos from this link (at least the 4-5 I had a quick look at). I think I did have some issues with the original Oisin Hughes videos he posted on UKGSer website, but the Vimeo videos have been edited and improved quite a bit.

I thought Oisin Hughes was now working in the US somewhere - probably at an Intel Chip Fab operation or similar, as that is his background I think.

I thought he did make some publications available for a small price. Probably books with a more detailed description of his logistics and travel arrangements. Maybe there was not much uptake on these and he then was put off publishing is travel videos on-line?

Grey Beard

I saw the full series when he published it on youtube. Enjoyed it immensely. As a media professional, I thought he pushed them out too quick and might not be happy with the results? my 2 cents ... If I was Oisin, I'd have realised at this point just how expensive it is to make shit sound good and look amazing... and pulled them.., Singular adventures but shit sound. Now, if someone is going to BUY it... I think the guy needs to recut and overdub. No, I'm not the guy to do it but there are a few of us who can and would but how much ego is involved on either side? Like I said 2 pence

All I'm saying is that great stories and great music benefit from high production standards BUT which is more important, the hight gloss sound and hd pix with high end lens OR the STORY! Go put them back up Oisin. Their a credit to ya and we want to see them on your youtube account,

Fair fucks to ya boi.

just watched up to number 23
all still superb
but does anyone know how to get 24 to 34
if yes please post
cos fucked if i can find em
how can you have Road of Bones part 1
and not the rest
:eek:

I would hazard a guess that they have not yet been put up on Vimeo yet, due to the user's limited bandwidth capacity. See post #11.

There is a link to a Bit Torrent/The Pirate Bay where you may be able to find the remaining episodes, though they may appear on Vimeo in due course.

Don't seem to be available on YouTube unfortunately.

Grey Beard

Good tip from Grey Beard.
But piratebay.org is blocked by UK ISP's

There is a way around UK ISP blocking. Pirate bay is available via the Opera web browsers with settings on "turbo" or "off road" setting.

Good tip from Grey Beard.
But piratebay.org is blocked by UK ISP's

Torrent is not piratebay.org. From post on previous page:

I have all 34 episodes but I take some time to get them up on Vimeo because of the free accounts 500 MB weekly limit. It 's gonna be 2-3 part per week i can upload. I think i got all up in 6 weeks.

If you can't wait.
Here is a torrent with all episodes but its only me that seeds it.
thepiratebay.sx/torrent/8834523/Oisin_Hughes_-_Not_Dead_Yet
If you download it help to seed. And if you share the link ask everybody to seed for a month or more.
I have less than 1 Mb upload.

I prefer not to, but you should be able to access the torrent link.

Grey Beard's tip is correct the Pirate Bay seems to have all the Vids.

Before you can download via Bit Torrent one someone who has the vids has to be online so Bit Torrent can share the vids.

http://thepiratebay.sx/torrent/8834523/Oisin_Hughes_-_Not_Dead_Yet

Sorry Cook1e, if you use a browser that bypasses UK isp blocking www.piratebay.org takes you directly to thepiratebay.sx search page
"Oisin Hughes" in the search bar and tick video takes you to the link we've both shared.

I've left Bit Torrrent running, if someone comes with the vids comes online it should download automatically so I can share :)

Grey Beard's tip is correct the Pirate Bay seems to have all the Vids.

Before you can download via Bit Torrent one someone who has the vids has to be online so Bit Torrent can share the vids.

if someone comes with the vids comes online it should download automatically so I can share :)

Was the guy who has uploaded to Vimeo - I've not heard from him since. :nenau

Was the guy who has uploaded to Vimeo - I've not heard from him since. :nenau

If that person has left the vids to seed on Bit Torrent, as soon as they are online Bit Torrent will automatically make it available and it'll download to me or anyone who is trying to download it via Bit Torrent
If they don't have Bit Torrent running or have stopped the vids from seeding we're screwed :eek:

kin ell fire. Just looked at my Bit Torrent and the vids are downloading at the moment. But very very SLOWLY :-( Could take 2 plus days at current speed and that's if the other guy stays onlline.

Hey ho, we can but wait :)

34.1% of Oisins video's downloaded in 17hours 14minutes. Well, I did say it was SLOW

I was checking last night as I am up to video 20 with 3 to go, when I checked a few hours later more have been added so you now have 3 more to look at :clap

Loving it so far, lets hope they keep coming.

All 34 of Oisin's vid's have downloaded via the Pirate Bay and Bit Torrent. But they downloaded in .MKV and I had to convert the .MKV files. All run fine in Mp4 format on Real Player now.
I've left my PC running Bit Torrent so anyone else should be able to receive the download via Bit Torrent sharing.

I have got both Oisin's books and good stuff they are too, also really enjoyed watching his vids on youtube earlier this year, must admit when i went back to them for another look recently i did wonder what happened to them, thanks for posting link and here's hoping that there is more Oisin Hughes travels to come in the near future.

Has anyone got a link to these videos on YouTube or Vimeo ? Never did finish watching them on the smart tv.

Back
Top Bottom