World beater panniers(aka Verns panniers)

Vern

Toy maker
Mod Squad
Reaction score
Ok folks,here we go again then,a new year and the old donkey is coming back out of the shed due to popular demand,and pannier production is going ahead again,as well as a few other things I've been working on over the winter?Wait and see:D

I'm aiming at having a batch of panniers done for the end of the month,so you should just be able to tell me what colours you want,I get them anodised,and you come and get them(or they get posted or something) and everyones happy.

If anyones interested,can you post here,because I want a few sets left over when I make the batch.

And a happy new year to you all as well:beerjug:

As if by magic
blackbox.jpg

Happy New Year matey!

Good to have you back

Will

(what's the 2005 price going to be?)

Any topbox designs Vern ? Something the size of the large bmw (left) adv pannier. I've had one helmet nicked and the box tried twice ! Dublin is getting very dodgy ! So a stronger topbox but with style is on the cards.

Vern,
How do they fit to an 1100 GS ?

And how much ?

Improvements

Vern: Look here to see an improvement that is really worth taking into consideration to new owner's (maybe you can offer an upgrade kit to existing owner's before I do it...)

Handles to grab them and a "hanger" bracket to keep them in place while attaching them...

Attachments

• vern-x-web.jpg
    vern-x-web.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 2,543
Vern

Do you do a set for the 1200 ?

If so, how much ?

Parky - he must as Jez transferred his to his :confused: if you see what I mean

Vern - did you ever do a set for an R100GS ? I'm assuming it's same panniers, but different rack ? What would be waiting list if you did ? Looking at options but only have 'til May, if you PM me your No I'll call. Cheers, Fritz ;)

How much in black?

Vern,

Interested in a set of black ones for ADV. I currently have the standard exhaust fitted. I know Fanum had a lot of trouble with heat from the exhaust, so do I need to change the height or type of can?

Hi Speggo, I had slight trouble with my exhaust heating up the panniers too, but made a flat alloy plate that screwed to the Vern mounting frame and deflected the hot air away.... worked perfectly.

Other than that the Panniers are Brill!

Will

willstatt said:
Hi Speggo, I had slight trouble with my exhaust heating up the panniers too, but made a flat alloy plate that screwed to the Vern mounting frame and deflected the hot air away.... worked perfectly.

Other than that the Panniers are Brill!

Will

I have the "heath protector" made by the Maestro himself and no problem with the panniers contents...

metal cases

Hi Vern,
i'm interested in the 2 cases & rack for the 1150gs, but i have to carry the missus, are these ok? have you tried them for distance with a pillion?

& the usual questions, price? size? etc

ta Simon

Re: metal cases

simonjasper said:
Hi Vern,
i'm interested in the 2 cases & rack for the 1150gs, but i have to carry the missus, are these ok? have you tried them for distance with a pillion?

& the usual questions, price? size? etc

ta Simon

It all depens how big the missus is to fit in the pannier....

missus in the panniers

yeh i reckon that if she'll fit in t'panniers, then the amount i save on the ferries this year will more than pay for them...:D

Back
Top Bottom