drive to Gwynedd

arkiboys

Reaction score
Hello,
Hope I am on the right site for this...
Can you suggest a good scenic driving route from London to Gwynedd in wales for a family?

Many thanks

London to the end of the M54 you might as well stick to the motorways and get it over and done with, from the end of the M54 keep following the signs to Llangollen, series of roundabouts joined by dual carriageways then it will be roundabouts joined by single carriageway for a few miles, then at the far end of the next Dual Carraigeway turn left to Knockin, keep on that road till you see a sign for Bala pointing left, TL, up to T, TR to Bala, SO at Bala to Trawnsfynedd TR at T to Porthmadog, that leaves you to decide where you are going in Gwynedd:thumb2

Shep

Lots of other ways but that's my pretty route but still quick and quiet.

London to the end of the M54 you might as well stick to the motorways and get it over and done with, from the end of the M54 keep following the signs to Llangollen, series of roundabouts joined by dual carriageways then it will be roundabouts joined by single carriageway for a few miles, then at the far end of the next Dual Carraigeway turn left to Knockin, keep on that road till you see a sign for Bala pointing left, TL, up to T, TR to Bala, SO at Bala to Trawnsfynedd TR at T to Porthmadog, that leaves you to decide where you are going in Gwynedd:thumb2

Shep

Lots of other ways but that's my pretty route but still quick and quiet.

one of my favourite roads have to go to the caravan where the family camp out all summer so later this morning it will be `chester to llandbedrog via betws y coed and Snowdonia, you can take the mountain pass all the way down to Llanberris if you go via betws then the scenic route towards Bedgellert and Porthmadoc :thumby:

one of my favourite roads have to go to the caravan where the family camp out all summer so later this morning it will be `chester to llandbedrog via betws y coed and Snowdonia, you can take the mountain pass all the way down to Llanberris if you go via betws then the scenic route towards Bedgellert and Porthmadoc :thumby:

I'm at Carraig Y Daffid(?) most evenings with the Dogs so if you see three hairy dogs and one hairy owner say hello:thumb

I'm at Carraig Y Daffid(?) most evenings with the Dogs so if you see three hairy dogs and one hairy owner say hello:thumb

will do usually Harry gets on Llanbedrog beach

Hi Shep, that will be Carreg y Defaid- Sheep Rock. It's on the Llŷn Peninsula. :augie Say Hi to Ray for me, may pop in one day. :)

Back
Top Bottom