Why buy a bike specific sat nav?

It's a free world :jes

Don't buy a bike specific sat-nav.

But I have: First a Quest and recently a 350LM.

You however are at liberty to use what the fuck ever you want...but don't preach.

:beerjug:

Wow! Some really useful comments.
I'm going to buy the really expensive BMW badged Sat Nav to go on my brand new LC because it looks good and does everything and I'm not insecure enough to be bullied into thinking I'm a wanker just because I can afford not to worry about it!
Tossers of the world unite!

Wow! Some really useful comments.
I'm going to buy the really expensive BMW badged Sat Nav to go on my brand new LC because it looks good and does everything and I'm not insecure enough to be bullied into thinking I'm a wanker.
Not sure you can be bullied into being a wanker, I recon you just are.

Hi,

Am I being blonde here but can anyone explain why I should buy a bike specific sat nav please?

I have a tomtom one at the moment but they want £50 to upgrade the maps.

I was looking at this at £80 http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_911267_langId_-1_categoryId_247401

It's a lot cheaper than a 660 or 350LM.

Are there any good reasons why I should spend the extra?

Thanks

You have had a lot of opinions on here.

You have a Sat-Nav already. You have decided on all the things you wish it did that the current Tom-Tom does not do.

Have you decided which Sat-Nav to buy or have all these people been wasting their breath?

I have a BMW Navigator.

Now where is Stella when you need her ?

easiest and cheapest route.....pay the £50 to update your tom tom maps and save yourself the trouble of fitting new mounts and the expense of buying even the cheapest sat nav unit

easiest and cheapest route.....pay the £50 to update your tom tom maps and save yourself the trouble of fitting new mounts and the expense of buying even the cheapest sat nav unit

Not really.

Why pay £50 for time limited updates when you can get a new device for £80 which has lifetime updates.

Even cheaper option is use your TomTom without £50 update. If you get on a road your unit does not recognise it will just recalculate your route. :augie

Even cheaper option is use your TomTom without £50 update. If you get on a road your unit does not recognise it will just recalculate your route. :augie

I want European coverage and as my TT s UK and ROI I wouldn't get very far :D

Just now because you mentioned that you need European maps.

I don't see the thought process that equates from wanting euro maps means the device is broken :confused:

Anyway it's a nice little device, shame TomTom are so fooking greedy otherwise i'd just update it. :D

I don't see the thought process that equates from wanting euro maps means the device is broken :confused:

Anyway it's a nice little device, shame TomTom are so fooking greedy otherwise i'd just update it. :D[/QUOTE

Crossed wires I think. Just stated that your device is UnSuitable for Europe not broken.

Anyway it's a nice little device, shame TomTom are so fooking greedy otherwise i'd just update it. :D[/QUOTE

Crossed wires I think. Just stated that your device is UnSuitable for Europe not broken.

Must be :D

I want European coverage and as my TT s UK and ROI I wouldn't get very far :D

Meant its got UK & ROI maps not that it was U/S :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom