Show us your Crosstourer

It had PR4 Trail on when I got it which were fine then I went for a pure sports touring tyre; Bridgestone T30 Evo which I personally liked as I had loads of confidence in them , particularly when on the very edge of the tyre, and they seemed to help the bike turner a little quicker too.

Just put some PR5 Trail on them , so far so good no complaints but I’ve heard they don’t last too long . The Evos wore well but I replaced both rears early at around 4.5k to make sure I had good tyres for trips I did. The front had a bit of life in it at 9k.

I like the engine but what a heavy lump it is.

In addition the standard luggage is a complete abomination. Looks like retro Craven stuff but not in a good way.

I like the engine but what a heavy lump it is.

In addition the standard luggage is a complete abomination. Looks like retro Craven stuff but not in a good way.

Will give the Bridgestone a try , it is heavy you’re right.
Bought this bike untested which I’ve done many times before , however this times it’s caught me out.
Love the DCT it’s great , also need to give it a chance.
Reference DCT , are peeps using sport and the buttons when required , what have you found best ?
Got a trip to Austria in August so will persevere till then.
Not got any panniers , just a 58 litre box.
Panniers do looks bit duff so will just strap a bag on the seat rather than she’ll out for panniers for 1 trip

Reference DCT , are peeps using sport and the buttons when required , what have you found best ?

Check out post #90, that’s how I used mine
Still think DCT is brilliant and would definitely buy another DCT bike over the same with a foot change

Enjoy the new bike :thumb2

Bought this bike untested which I’ve done many times before , however this times it’s caught me out.
Panniers do looks bit duff so will just strap a bag on the seat rather than she’ll out for panniers for 1 trip

Not sure about the DCT settings on the Crosstourer, but on the ATAS D changes up really early and has the engine labouring at low revs (or at least thats my impression / opinion). S2 works well for me.

As you can see, I had a 2012 DCT.
The engine is excellent, smooth and powerful throughout the rev range
I loved the DCT although the D mode changed a bit early and S a bit late’ so most of the time I rode in S mode but changed up using the handlebar switch before getting too high in the revs. Automatic down changes in S mode were perfect and gave good engine braking
l had absolutely no problem with throttle control even maneuvering in and out of the garage around cars
The seat was comfy (and was improved on the later models) and there is slightly more room for rider and passenger than on a GS LC and more leg room
Brakes are plenty good although not as good as the GS and the Honda linked system is less intrusive than the BMW system
The bike is heavy when wheeling about but as soon as you’re moving the weight disappears by magic
They handle well when set up even on standard suspension but this is unfortunately the weak point of the bike, the front is very harsh and needs softening off almost to the max, the rear is the opposite, I had to run on maximum preload all the time

Of course that’s just my own opinions

Hope that helps

This is exactly what I would’ve written :thumb2

Reference the DCT see leadfarmers post above :thumb
I don’t use the panniers , they are great but huge so I too just put a dry bag on the back seat if necessary along with a 48L topbox.

Not sure about the DCT settings on the Crosstourer, but on the ATAS D changes up really early and has the engine labouring at low revs (or at least thats my impression / opinion). S2 works well for me.

The CT can be in top at 35-36 mph on the flat in D and changes up very early like you’ve found . The CT though only has one sport mode unlike your AT ....

This is exactly what I would’ve written :thumb2

Reference the DCT see leadfarmers post above :thumb
I don’t use the panniers , they are great but huge so I too just put a dry bag on the back seat if necessary along with a 48L topbox.

The CT can be in top at 35-36 mph on the flat in D and changes up very early like you’ve found . The CT though only has one sport mode unlike your AT ....

My CT has 3 sports modes , well it has 3 bars in S mode anyway ?

Is yours the “ Mark 3 “ with the flip up screen then ? The Mark 1 and my Mark 2 don’t so they must have added it following on from the AT launch, didn’t realise that :thumb

Yeah it does have the flip up battering ram on it :aidan.
It's a 2017 bike.
Do you have the Honda panniers ?
Wondered what size they were and how they felt on the bike.
Bike came with a 58 litre outback box and I was just going to strap drybag on the seat for a coming trip , however it will probably be a right laugh getting on and off with the back of the seat full.
Been looking out for some but its a bummer having such a large outlay for 1-2 occasions a year.

Thank you l found it.
Have you done the veejay settings ?
And what did you notice ?
Thx in advance

Thanks for that , wind deflectors ?

The first models had quite a buffeting problem caused by air coming up between the tank and the forks

A clever bloke who worked in aerodynamics or something like that made a template for a home made deflector/baffle to stop it

I made one out of a plastic storage box lid and it cured the buffeting completely, it was very simple to fit

I presume Honda fixed it when they changed the screen design but if you have any problems let me know, I still have the template

Does anyone know of a taller aftermarket seat available for the CT ? A mate bought a new bike today and being Gigantor, would like a few cms extra height on the seat.

Corbin will alter their seat per your request. I had them add 3/4" height to the riders portion to give me bit more knee room. That in addition to the riders bucket being moved 1" rear in relation to the stock seat gave me a much more comfortable knee bend.

Don't be silly. It'll be for sale within 3 months, knowing Nick!:D

Nutty. You were wrong.
Over 4 months later and still have the 2nd Crosstourer.
It now has a different Zumo sav nav. Different Touratech tall seat. Footrests and Latest Honda spec Akropovic Silencer and white barkbuster handguards. About £1800 of nice accessories. On top of what accessories I had already fitted. Plus some were on the bike when purchased. Really Love this bike! Wants for nothing.

However. Need to bolt things to it to stop getting bored.

I guess I will keep it a bit longer for now.

Does anyone know of a taller aftermarket seat available for the CT ? A mate bought a new bike today and being Gigantor, would like a few cms extra height on the seat.

There is a tall TOURATECH seat available. See picture above. But it’s a bit on the expensive side. (£430)
Cheaper option would be to have extra foam added to a stock seat.

Have a donor seat available cheap.

Back
Top Bottom