CCM GP450 Adventure test ride

Just about to reply but his post had gone:confused:
Maybe he re read what he put

finn,

Toyo has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - CCM GP450 Adventure test ride - in the Thumpers and Smokers forum of ::. UKGSer .::.

This thread is located at:
http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?349305-CCM-GP450-Adventure-test-ride&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:

---Quote (Originally by finn)---
It's not a motocross bike it's an adventure bike otherwise you'd buy a 100kg ktm but you wouldn't want to do more than 50 miles on road.
---End Quote---
Thanks for the good chuckle! It's the best oxymoron I've read in awhile!! (adventure and no more than 50 miles...:blast) Not exactly a travel bike then!
But then again....
Not a motocross either...:blast
Not a street bike....:blast
so.... I'm struggling to see the point :nenau

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
::.

well went to the NEC on Monday to see this in the flesh didn't do a ride as my knee is still fuc;;; they had 4 on the stand from basic £8k to fully pimped with very small hard luggage for £12600:eek:
asked a few questions about the engine i.e. what they have done after the 3rd guy a phone call was made as not a lot of people knew exactly what they have done to the 450 engine but basically restricted revs lower power 29bhp i think although optional full power cable (invalidates the warranty):rob and 5 gears :)
if you look at the 450x the servicing is along the lines of ktm exc but the seem to think by doing the above you will get 5000 miles between servicing:eek 800ml of oil is all it will take:nenau now im no expert but lets say you go trail riding on Sunday cover 200 miles on Monday then 500 mile blat to Paris that oil will be black:confused:
why 120 rear tyre:confused:
Husky terra plastic rear rack
larconi(can't spell) exhaust
£351:eek: for twin exhaust thats a storage can/ tool tube £50 for the stickers :eek:

the things i really liked about the bike the frame fab job looks really strong:thumb2 little things like accessory bar on the front, the fairing, adjustable screen, frames for luggage and protection, how the cowling supports the sat nag and speedo:thumb2

I was really interested and for a few minutes debated about a deposit with a few extras and then walked away a little disappointed.

Its a real mishmash bike with bits taken from 450x the te449 and terra 650 with their own spin on it all :nenau
As ive a te449 and 650 terra personally my terra with all its bling is a better bike i know its not 135kg but is every bit better with the bigger unrestricted engine and my 449 could have bits added to be very like the ccm bike but at full power:)
so i can see the idea of 450 adventure bike but in the real world.....................
lets see how many the sell, bod said they had orders for 30-40:thumb2
personally without a network for servicing and parts its going to be interesting for them:thumb2

what about a Honda crf450 XRL then???

Just wondering if the above would fulfill some of the criteria of the CCM. I'm led to believe by Dobles Honda that very soon a completely road legal CRF450 will be in the showrooms. This will have all the Onroad kit fitted to it including a digital speedo (not sure about a fuel guage though) as well as indicators brake lights etc etc.. I'm told they are fitted by some guy called Dave Thorpe(Think he may be an ex racer of some sort!!!) but I'm led to believe that if you bought an XRL version it would not come with the benefit of any warranty, as basically its an offroader fitted with lights. I originally toyed with the idea of getting a CRF250L but think i need a bit more power.....

Anyway, just my 2p's worth

Mark.

Just wondering if the above would fulfill some of the criteria of the CCM. I'm led to believe by Dobles Honda that very soon a completely road legal CRF450 will be in the showrooms. This will have all the Onroad kit fitted to it including a digital speedo (not sure about a fuel guage though) as well as indicators brake lights etc etc.. I'm told they are fitted by some guy called Dave Thorpe(Think he may be an ex racer of some sort!!!) but I'm led to believe that if you bought an XRL version it would not come with the benefit of any warranty, as basically its an offroader fitted with lights. I originally toyed with the idea of getting a CRF250L but think i need a bit more power.....

Anyway, just my 2p's worth

Mark.

Don't Honda still make the CRF50X which is the fully road legal enduro bike trying to compete withe the KTM EXCs ?

Don't Honda still make the CRF450X which is the fully road legal enduro bike trying to compete withe the KTM EXCs ?

yes same bike, all the L stands for is road legal, they fit a road legal kit, lights/horn/speedo etc

But JB,the CRF450X was fully road legal and came with lights,horn etc.

2011-Honda-CRF-450X-trial-motorcycle-image.jpg

My mate had one and I rode it on road in Guernsey many times when we used to ride the beaches in winter. I nearly bought one when I sold my KTM 450EXC,but I decided to get the KTM EXC250F instead-pleased I did as it was an amazing bit of kit.

This CCM 450 is a brave move in a new direction but if I wanted something similar ,and a lighter version of my 950SE I would get a KTM 690R,stick on a Safari tank to up total capacity to 26 litres then fit a Rally Raid fairing and Renazco seat.Job done !!

CR450X-RL (Road Legal)

The CRF450X isn't and wasn't UK road legal, technically...........no brake light switches and dipping front light, plus just an odometer - so not really the whole nine yards, which the CRF450XRL addresses - with indicators/speedo/brake light switches etc

Same bikes just with a Honda full road kit - including ignition key and alloy fuel tank

http://trmracing.com/bikeshop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=827

Attachments

• ho-crd450xrl-251012.jpg
    ho-crd450xrl-251012.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 2,389
Job done indeed :)

P1050059-XL.jpg

P1050062-XL.jpg

P1050061-XL.jpg

P1050064-XL.jpg

Actually that looks better with that RR Evo tank setup than the Safari-is that yours ,Tim ?

I saw a similar one in the workshop when I got my 950SE serviced recently-I take it to Tony Woodhams who looks after Patsy Quicks academy bikes and has spannered on the Dakar many times

Actually that looks better with that RR Evo tank setup than the Safari-is that yours ,Tim ?

Yes, my baby:D

Depending on what settings and how it's ridden it should get up to possibly 250 miles range now, not as much as the Safari but this is probably quite a bit slimmer holding 10L, 22L in total.

Very nice !!!! Just chuck some Andy Strapz panniers on the back and head back to Ulaanbaatar !!!

I can dream again ..... mind you, that's how it started last time:beerjug:

Already got pannier frames....so you can appreciate my lack of enthusiasm for this new CCM:augie

P1050037%20-%20Copy%20copy-XL.jpg

Bloody Hell Tim, how tall are you??? Or is the height an optical illusion thingymajig. I'm 5ft9" tall and that looks even taller than me........

Whilst I appreciate that this is quite an old thread, I saw saw this at the NEC before Xmas and really liked the look of it. However has anyone ridden the full production version to see what it's like on the road in the real world eg. vibs, gearing etc

Happy New Year to all!
:thumb2

CCM 450 any dealers yet?

I like thumping around on my G450X but am interested in the CCM as the short stroke on the G450X doesn't like fast road work, so think the CCM might be geared better for the road, or more versatile than the G450X. Am I wrong? Did it make it to production? Any news at all? The CCM website for this bike is very bad, so I'm wondering if they will actually start selling it!

Appears to be a few happy owners on the ABR forum.

Back
Top Bottom