North Norfolk Trosh 2014

diddy46

Reaction score
As Mr and Mr Badger are taking a well earned break next year we have come up with a plan for a ‘Norfolk Do’ in 2014.

Everyone is welcome – the general idea is to keep it simple and have a good time!

WHEN: Friday 26 – Sunday 28 September 2014

WHERE:
Barnacres, 3 Norwich Road, Hainford, Norfolk, NR10 3AT. This is a private property that a very generous friend has let us use for the do. It is about 3 miles north of Norwich airport on the A140. Aylsham, a historic market town, is 5 miles in the other direction. There is plenty to see and do within a stone’s throw of the site. You are close to the western reaches of the Norfolk Broads here and only 15 miles from the sea. Several National Trust Halls and Houses are easily reached.

Loads of space for anyone who wants to come, including tents, campervans and caravans, on a large 10 acre, flat field (there is no electric hook-up though). There is also a big ‘barn’ that will be open to all with plenty of room for keeping out of the elements if necessary, eating, nattering and, of course imbibing in a tipple or two! There are proper loos and hot water, but no showers, at the rear of the barn. You can arrive any time on Friday and there is no rush to leave on the Sunday either.

Barnacresosmapfin_zpsb92a12b5.jpg

Barnacresaerialviewfin_zps0ffa33c1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

There are some B&B’s and hotels within 3 miles, but none on the doorstep. If you would like some local knowledge on these please get in touch.

FOOD: We are looking to cater for the weekend. The idea is to spark up the BBQ with different offerings each night. A local butcher is on hand to supply the meat. I will pop jacket spuds in the oven one night and do selections of side dishes too. We will get in some brekkie rations, thought bacon and egg rolls would be good. Will also plug in a toaster and get some cereals in to. Don’t worry if you are a non meat eater – help is on hand to assist us with this.

BOOZE: Bring your own. If you would like us to get any in advance just let us know and we do a shop for you.

FIREs: Yes!! A large one all weekend.

RIDE OUT: I am planning a ride out for a group on the Saturday with an ‘inland route’ taking in some of my favourite roads and haunts. I am hoping that there will be other offers to take another group out too. We are more than happy to offer info on any local sights or destinations for those who prefer to explore.

PRICE: £25 per person – to cover cost of the facilities and nosh. (Will open a booking thread at a later date)
£5 per person per night camping
£5 per person evening grub
£2.50 per breakfast

OTHER:
We can look at putting on a bit of music for the Saturday night, if numbers suffice. (Have an offer for this)

Any ideas and suggestions are very welcome. This is a ‘first time’ for us, any pointers and offers of assistance will be much appreciated.

Just in case you’re wondering, “trosh” is a Norfolk dialect word for thresh (as in threshing wheat) and these days a trosh is any celebration held at the end of the harvest.

The Field and Barn!

A few photos of the field for camping and fires. The Barn is as you see it, some of you may recognise the BBQ:) The 'facilities' are at the back of the barn.

Sounds GREAT to me. Written it in the diary. I like the look of the facilities. 1st dibs on the cute one
smiley3007.gif

The baa lambs will be on holiday for their own safety!! I have one from the BBIII that is reserved just for you though!!

Well that looks like fun, I shall be there to enjoy and assist as required. Hopefully assisting in drinking all the butterscotch liqueur again. ;)

Back
Top Bottom