Scriminger Engine Developments?

LHutchin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone tell me about this company please?

Going to look at a GSA next week which has had the last three services by them?

Are they any good?

Cheers :beerjug:

Steve's a really nice bloke.... Did a Helicoil and new valves for me while I waited ... and supplied tea and biscuits :thumb

Steve's an engineer not 'just' a mechanic. If he's looked after it, it will be right.

Mike

Steve has built me a superb gearbox, and rebuilt a pair of throttle bodies for me in the past, absolutely top class work but allow plenty of time, as he is always pulled out with work, that in itself speaks volumes. :beerjug:

Scriminger

Steve re-built my throttle bodies. Drove in, drank tea and wandered around for a few hours and then drove out. TB's then very very carefully balanced on the bike. Good bloke and really knows his stuff and takes pride in what he does.
My 13 year old 1150GS has never ran as well.

Dropped in to say hello on the way home yesterday - allow two weeks turnaround time for a gearbox.

Mike :cool:

+1

Steve and the team did my throttle bodies, found the lower cables were worn, rode off to get two spares and refitted after overhaul. Kept me warm and supplied with tea all day – after an 8 am start, left at 5ish, did not want me to pay on the day, settled up a few days later with his wife. Highly recommended.

He is supposed to have engineered an improvement for 1200 final drives too so I was told so not a recommendation exactly but my next bike will being going there for sure :thumb

He fixed my final drive brake spindle issue on my g/s where a main dealer couldn't. On top of that he seemed not to charge me anywhere near what I was expecting.

I'd go back again.

Steve delivered all of my children and transplanted a kidney for me.

Hi guys,
It's Emily, Steve's daughter here.
Sorry to revive such an old thread, but we all just wanted to thank you for your lovely reviews.
Also it would be much appreciated, if any of you use facebook, if you could give our business page a like and maybe leave a review.
https://www.facebook.com/scrimingerenginedevelopments

Once again, thank you and sorry to bring this thread back to life!
Emily

Is Scriminger still in business?.... After clicking on to the link you provided I was taken to a footware website. Is there another web address for these folk?

Is Scriminger still in business?.... After clicking on to the link you provided I was taken to a footware website. Is there another web address for these folk?

Steve sold up due to ill health - I think mikeyboy off this site bought the business...

Back
Top Bottom