Madagascar

Tiffany

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Yep, folks, I'm on the road once more.
This time I've gone to Madagascar - a place I've dreamt about visiting ever since camping on a Mozambique beach under a full moon and gazing out across the Indian Ocean. Although it's out of sight, knowing that there was this immense and slightly mysterious island out there.

And here I am, though a bit of a first as I'm without Thelma, who I've left in the care of Barbara Alam and Craig Carey Clinch for some much needed TLC while I'm away.
IMG_6973sm-M.jpg

It was just too expensive to bring Thelma.

Instead I'm on a bike I've bought out here- Suzi the Suzuki DR 350cc

Soft luggage courtesy of Giant Loop (and so far I've been VERY impressed)

IMG_7120sm-M.jpg

It's been an incredible trip so far - to begin with, this bike has got a metal rattling thing called a chain- I'll be having some fun with that

Sand, mud, dug out canoes and lots of adventures (and I've only be here 10 days!)
IMG_7168sm-M.jpg

IMG_7169sm-M.jpg

IMG_7181sm-M.jpg

IMG_7184sm-M.jpg

IMG_7188sm-M.jpg

IMG_7196sm-M.jpg

However, Internet access is limited and slow, so I'm afraid I won't be able to post up on here much, and anyway, it's not a GS, so what the hell AM I doing here??!!

You can follow me in the usual places
my website mainly

Enjoy

Looking good Tiff, I am insanely jealous :D

Take care out there. Kx

Hello Tiffany, it doesn't matter what you're riding, plenty of folk in here will be interested in your adventures. Probably jealous as hell as well:)

Interesting to know how long the chain and sprockets last with the treatment you're giving them. I don't think that picture six is the approved technique for cleaning chains, there again what do I know, I ride a shaftie.

I hope you have another great trip.:thumb

Damn, Madagascar is on my list of places to get to but I haven't even managed a package trip let alone biking.

Not the safest place in the world right now so please be safe!

Tiffany,
:popcorn:popcorn Looking forward to this.

You keep posting, the bike doesn't matter, your GS is having some TLC and its well deserved. As an armchair adventurer i get great pleasure in reading about the Travellers Exploits. Looking forward to your next instalment . In your own time :thumb
Enjoy your trip keep safe.

Andrew

Hello Tiffany, it doesn't matter what you're riding, plenty of folk in here will be interested in your adventures. Probably jealous as hell

Very true, those of us who can't do these big trips love reading about those who can. Have a great time!

Great to read your posts as always Tiff.
I've just gone back to a chain as well R1200Gs to F800Gs.
Matt in sunny Taunton

I have a friend who is out there at the moment for a few weeks, paid a load of money to go on an organised conservation trip but guaranteed that he won't have half the fun & adventure that you will!
Enjoy.

ps. I'm quite keen on a DR350 at some point, let us know what you think of it...

We did 3 weeks in Madagascar for our honeymoon in 2000. An amazing place that we'll never ever forget. The thoughts of doing it on a bike is very inspiring and appealing. Have a great trip and immerse yourself in the people and culture :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom