FJR

On a whim went to test a Tenere , saw the Fjr demonstrator and thought why not. Always really wanted a Bmw Rt but with fixed mirrors no way will it traverse our ginnel :comfort. Have had one of these ere Fjr on me bike fanciers radar for awhile.

Spoke to sales guy and took the big girl out for a few hours. Returned it glowing :green gri and signed up for a bog standard model,should arrive 24th April.

Bmw R bikes since the nineties, loved em warts and all.

Time for a big 4 cylinder love affair:bounce1

View attachment 338656

Happy new bike Andrew :JB:JB:JB

Where'd you go to have a demo ?

A great choice and complete worry free riding totally unbreakable. I too am leaning towards the multi-cylinder world.

Hi Rushy, CMC Chesterfield. They have the all singing model with esa type suspension. This bike just feels right for me. Very sad to see my old bike moving on as I have had 42,000 miles of good times on big Gert. No storage room to keep 2 bikes.
Have provisionally prepped routes for rideouts for Dent , Buxton do and Bills, so loads of riding to get in on the new one. Can hardly contain my excitement.

Just out of curiosity, what do you guys get for 'real world' fuel economy. It never fails to amaze me how I can get high 50s mpg pottering around on the 1150GS and still get mid 40s fully laden at motorway speeds.
I could see an FJR as an albeit totally different but viable alternative if/when I decide to replace the GS.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Just out of curiosity, what do you guys get for 'real world' fuel economy. It never fails to amaze me how I can get high 50s mpg pottering around on the 1150GS and still get mid 40s fully laden at motorway speeds.
I could see an FJR as an albeit totally different but viable alternative if/when I decide to replace the GS.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Only had mine just over a week but so far very low 50's. Very mixed riding with a fair bit of motorway "making progress" to get it home. Trip is now saying 53.<something> but will need to fill up next time to check.

cheers

Markie

We run a late 2014 FJR1300AE, 5-speed with ES, after enduring a lost season with a problematic 2012 K1600GT SE.

Love the bike, although it's rather low tech these days. Does what it says on the box, capable of 140 fully loaded on the Autobahn, & does around 55mpg touring in the Alps last year. We fitted some Metzler Roadtec 01s recently, which make the handling feel far more sporty than the OE BT023s.

At running in rpm bike is doing low 50 to 54 mpg. Really enjoying this bike so far 500 miles over last weekend. First service next week, then Dent weekend and a trip to North Wales :bounce1:bounce1:bounce1 :D. Missing the 2010 GSA but no room for two though.

Got one at work that, as it happens, I spent all day on today. The motor is a peach and pulls like an aeroplane on take off ..

See you at Dent Andrew .. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom