R1200GS wasserhead polycarbonate headlight guard

Just for reference, Makrolon is Polycarbonate which has gone through an annealing process after casting - that's what makes is so tuff (other annealed Polycarbonate brands are available) cracking product by the way!

Mac

Makrolon is the stuff riot shields are made out of.

QUOTE=MrMcNamara;4090498]Just for reference, Makrolon is Polycarbonate which has gone through an annealing process after casting - that's what makes is so tuff (other annealed Polycarbonate brands are available) cracking product by the way!

Mac[/QUOTE]

Has anyone had any issues with reflecting the light back or effecting the throw of the beam ?

I haven't heard of any problems yet and I make the guards - and its makrolon too :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't heard of any problems yet and I make the guards - and its makrolon too :)

Hi Mark,
I like the look of your headlight guard.
Do you do Rad guards for a 14 GSA LC?
Thanks
John

being new to the GS, i have looked through the forum for tips. it was a pleasure to meet Mark yesterday, who did the magic to my new to my GS; polycarb headlight protector, which looks great, anti-corrosion therapy, radiator guards, and engine crud protector; all done with speed and skill. everything i have read on the forum about cymarc and mark was borne out; bit thanks and would heartily recommend to all

Looks good , I did wonder about how to remove it for cleaning . I have seen a push fit thing on some others . Maybe a possible solution would be those screen things made of rubber with the brass insert . Just an idea but nice product .

Actually it’s not the best for cleaning - it’s possible but it can’t be done without a stick and a sponge (if you understand what I mean) I’m thinking of designing one which can be removed with hand fasteners but then I worry about the lads getting it nicked!

I’ve just bought one. Very nice quality and a gap for the LED headlight heat sink. I had the Touratech one on a previous GS which, although more convenient as it could be removed, was flimsier, didn’t look as good and I didn’t like leavin it on parked anywhere near London. And it was £99! Thumbs up for this, Mark :thumb

Well i fitted the light guard last night and just like the front plate for the engine and rear extender for the number plate for road spray, fantastic quality from Cymark.
Thank you Mark, great service and well made, well finished parts.
Will eventually get the centre stand mod too, but as this is my first GS and not been out of the garage yet, i just want to ride it first ��

Well i fitted the light guard last night and just like the front plate for the engine and rear extender for the number plate for road spray, fantastic quality from Cymark.
Thank you Mark, great service and well made, well finished parts.
Will eventually get the centre stand mod too, but as this is my first GS and not been out of the garage yet, i just want to ride it first

Gotta say soooo many thanks for your order :) and when you are ready for the stand mod then contact me and I’ll
Make sure you get some discount as a returning and good customer!

Now go enjoy that bike!

Back
Top Bottom