Heidenhau tyres

Yes, put a pair on for the Maroc 2012 trip - great tyres in all weather conditions, really rate them very highly.

Been using them for a few years now and love them. Its a very hard compound tyre so yes it will be a bit slippery in the wet on white lines.
I take about 6-800 miles before I feel comfortable on them again so dont get rid of them to early. Give them a chance. I get very good milage out of them. 12500 miles from my last rear and 18500 from the front.
They are not a full on knobblie like the tkc, more road orientated but still ok for easy off road

P1000369.jpg
:thumb

Fitted a pair before a big trip last year. Over 10,000 miles form the back tyre, used on metalled roads and dirt roads. I was tempted to finish them off on a track day but thought better of it and stuck a set of "sticky" Tourances on:)

We use them out here in Africa and I have to say they are brilliant, both on the gravel and on the tar. As the other guys said, they last long and are made of a slightly harder compound. Bit of a bi*ch to change a puncture out in the wilds with your bare hands and a tyre lever, because of a hard sidewall but still well worth it. Heidenau we also use Mitas which seem pretty reasonable too.

As the others have said, but avoid wet white lines on the road. Dunno why but that makes them very twitchy.

Great all round tyres and I've done 3 Alaska trips on the. I don't think there is another tyre which can cope with all road conditions as well as the K60.

The upsides are they last forever and handle all situations you throw at them pretty well. Not as grippy as a tourance on tarmac and not as good as a TKC off road but not too far off. Punctures are rare with them because they are so tough.

The downsides are they are very noisy and they are bloody hard to get on and off on your own because of the hard side walls. I've always found that when they do go off, they go off quickly and get a bit twitchy.

The downsides are they are very noisy and they are bloody hard to get on and off on your own because of the hard side walls. I've always found that when they do go off, they go off quickly and get a bit twitchy.

Even when they are squaring though the blocks move around so you still get plenty of rubber on the ground. Good enough to deck the pegs of an 1150 in the dry.

Fitted a set of these for Sgt Bilco's second trip to Alaska last year. Like Chris says excellent tyre for all types of road conditions but a bit noisy. 9000 miles and no problems!

Even when they are squaring though the blocks move around so you still get plenty of rubber on the ground. Good enough to deck the pegs of an 1150 in the dry.

True enough Kev but on my last set which had done around 10k and still looked like they would go another 2k, I had some scary slides (when you wouldn't expect them) from the front and rear on a ride in Wales a couple of weeks ago which was confidence sapping at best. To be fair, it was wet and cold but they just didn't feel their normal secure self so off they came. Had a pair of barely used Dunlop trailmax in the garage which replaced them otherwise I would have had no problem fitting another set:thumby:

True enough Kev but on my last set which had done around 10k and still looked like they would go another 2k, I had some scary slides (when you wouldn't expect them) from the front and rear on a ride in Wales a couple of weeks ago which was confidence sapping at best. To be fair, it was wet and cold but they just didn't feel their normal secure self so off they came. Had a pair of barely used Dunlop trailmax in the garage which replaced them otherwise I would have had no problem fitting another set:thumby:

You should know better than to try wheelies and stoppies using knackered knobbies on crap and soggy Taff tar:p

Last two sets were k60's..... On the whole I like them, good compromise, not an out and out off road tire nor street racer, but they have been solid all round.... The gs burns two rears or one front, and no matter how hard you push round corners, the rear tends to flatten in the middle, then you roll over lines or road snakes(in Canada and the USA, they pour neat bitumen over all the cracks,good for them ,but a bast%+d for us mid corner) I guess it depends what you do with your bike......

Hi wrenford miles,
Never run the tkc, how do you find them? May try something different next time around... Hat bias for the tkc....
Thanks..

Hi wrenford miles,
Never run the tkc, how do you find them? May try something different next time around... Hat bias for the tkc....
Thanks..

I've not done big mileage like some if the guys on this site but I've used them for a long time on the 1150, Ive had them on the Airhead and before putting an H on the back of the HP2 I had them front and rear - great tyres IMO, but they do wear on the back

Back
Top Bottom