Any Irish guys on biker.ie ?

luke scott

Reaction score
I joined that site last week to make contact with Rohan from Australia. Today I answered a thread about shipping a bike from UK to Ireland. And guess what ? ? I got banned :eek:. Any of you guys here on that forum ? I'm curious to see if this is the way they treat new members. Jeez, I didn't intend to spend much (if any) time there but thats a record even for me. :D :D

ahhh yes i am but only go on for buy and sell and jokes.

there is a lot of clicks in there and if try go against the mods then they ban people

i was banned as offered advice that i knew was correct but as meant a mechanic on there lost work i was banned as went against his advice`

been on a few times a long time a ago and thought they were a bit above their station, very unhelpful and tend to take the pxss out of everyone. not what biking is really about.
IBF is better as they appear to normal with more cop on.

I'm a registered user there for some time but do not log on more than once a month. I stay quiet there & have not been banned. I find it a "tabloid" site. :rob

Common theme there is for a mod or the owner to post something and everyone to post up licking their arse. Anyone I know has given up on it

The linked post I put up about Rohan was edited by someone in there and when I pointed this out they banned me. Last straw for me to be honest. I mean who edits contact details from a post about a biker who has had his bike and RTW gear robbed on him? The mind boggles.

thats the usual on the site, gotta bite your tongue on a lot of things if ya wanna stay posting on it

Yeah Well Personally I haven't been and wont be back!

They're Still a pack of Neanderthal Fuckwits its not a forum its a Nazi run Chatroom where its their subjects or no subject

Neanderthal fuckwits who decide what the collective shall and Shan't see

Bit like a Load of Male Birds (Dare I say Cocks) strutting at breeding time "sort off!"

"Oh look chaps I have just made a right cnut out off this one!"

"I've banned you cos your boots don;t match your power ranger apparel! etc etc"

i know the owner very well and his father and sister both worked with me for a few years.himself and the other MODS like nothing better than to go in and change posts by people and laugh when this causes problems,
i was banned once for bad spelling for a week (i think i was half cut at the time) but you can be banned on biker just because you are on it.
this time last year i was banned for life because of my involvement in a toy run which myself and another local biker have been holding for the last 6 years.
we have the run to the childrens ward in mullingar hospital where we bring santa and toys to the children and we then we bring the run to a local longford womens refuge where all funds raised are given to the center.

this is known as the midland motorbike toy run (find us on facebook)and because we refused to have it called the biker.ie toy run we were banned for life

dont waste your time on biker its a childish crowd on a power trip

i know the owner very well and his father and sister both worked with me for a few years.himself and the other MODS like nothing better than to go in and change posts by people and laugh when this causes problems,
i was banned once for bad spelling for a week (i think i was half cut at the time) but you can be banned on biker just because you are on it.
this time last year i was banned for life because of my involvement in a toy run which myself and another local biker have been holding for the last 6 years.
we have the run to the childrens ward in mullingar hospital where we bring santa and toys to the children and we then we bring the run to a local longford womens refuge where all funds raised are given to the center.

this is known as the midland motorbike toy run (find us on facebook)and because we refused to have it called the biker.ie toy run we were banned for life

dont waste your time on biker its a childish crowd on a power trip

I remember that. Rediculous carry on all together.

Im on it, have been for years.

There re some "choice" characters that joined since it began,but much like any other forum, just dont get into anything, ignore.

But i tend to float between the two, that and irishbikerforum. IBF doesnt move as fast but its a geat forum nonetheless.

The mods take the p*ss a little but doesnt bother me none.

But there are genuine ppl on it who will help so dont tar everyone with the same brush. Met a lot of genuine ppl through it myself.

I never take anything on any forums too seriously.

Forums are like pubs / restaurants, if you dont like the taste, dont go back. Its that simple.

:thumb2

there was a local rally here in 09 where a car was burnt out beside a sign that said no cars allowed,it was posted on biker on the sunday and they had it for months as a kind of motto

one of the mods has a bike garage and all inquires and work are suppost to go through him,nice enough guy but likes to keep a closed shop on the site

like every other site there are sound skins and asses just most of the sound skins have left and a ot of asses still there

ahhh yes i am but only go on for buy and sell and jokes.

there is a lot of clicks in there and if try go against the mods then they ban people

i was banned as offered advice that i knew was correct but as meant a mechanic on there lost work i was banned as went against his advice`

one of the mods has a bike garage and all inquires and work are suppost to go through him,nice enough guy but likes to keep a closed shop on the site

like every other site there are sound skins and asses just most of the sound skins have left and a ot of asses still there

joke and if you own a bmw or ktm he hates them and classes them as junk even though admits never owned one

but i knew my old dakar inside out and was banned as gave advice on working on it and showing him how do DIY it and as was taking owrk out of garage he banned me.

he is good and helps people but depends on his mood

joke really i think its horrible site for new commers as any inocent or newbie question gets hammered. i have been registered on it since few yars back now and getting tired of site

Hi there,

I found out about this forum when Luke posted on Biker.ie. I thought it was a very kind and generous thing he was trying to do. Definitely not the sort of thing that would be done by anyone on Biker.ie. As Luke said in a post, there was a lot of "how terrible" and "that sucks", but not a lot of action. I think part of the problem for Luke was pointing this out, the mods wouldn't have liked that.
It seems that most of the members are quite young, I hope they are, given some of the posts that are made. A lot of them seem to idolise the mods and God forbid you disagree with these power tripping idiots. This is the word of Mod. Amen.
It's a shame as a lot of unsuspecting people post with questions and problems only to be ridiculed. Granted, there are some decent members but they are a minority.

Well done Luke and well done to you all on the community spirit. Great forum.

By the way, I don't have a BMW, but I hope I'm still welcome.

Back
Top Bottom