KLR650 2014

Dakar

Reaction score
Planning a trip over the next couple of years and fancy using a KLR650

Really nice looking bike, and get an excellent review as a RTW bike

Kwak dealer in the US won't sell them for export !:blast

Anyone know if you can get them through Kawasaki UK or USA ??, or have an experience of bring one over :thumby:

Cheers

If you actually contact BridgeMoto they can probably import the bike you want.

There is a guy importing them and sells them on or through ebay, he takes care of all the paper work before selling them.
Sorry can't remember full details but a mate bought one from him a few years ago without issue and is still riding it.
As for the bike itself, I recently rode my brother in laws KLR from Seattle to Prudhoe Bay, It was great on the dirt roads but no fun on the tarmac.
Wouldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding.

Just bought a 1999 KLR650 with the staggering high mileage of 3,950 on her. Gave her a big service and she purrs like a good un :thumb2.
My second KLR650 :cool: ( bought this current one as my BMW Rockster was stolen a few weeks back :( so cheered myself up :) ). Not on the road yet as unsure re whether Rockster will get repaired and returned etc.
Paid a little over the odds but doubt if there's a better one of this year in the country:bounce1. Even has the tool kit still in the holder !!!
New tyres etc etc and a private plate !!:D

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 458
Anyone in Blighty who may need a replacement ( hornier !! ) s/s road legal silencer, please try Delkevic..they tried a few on mine and we ended up ( bottom of pic ) with this version.

Attachments

• Delkevic Final Road legal Silencer.jpg
    Delkevic Final Road legal Silencer.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 364
I've got one just like that!
It used to have a Supertrapp and when I had to change it to a EU one it choked it to death!

I love bimbling so much I think I'm going to buy an Enfield and worse still put a sidecar on it

Enfield

Another bike i should of kept...

Attachments

• 20160824_155952-2656x1494.jpg
    20160824_155952-2656x1494.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 374
KLR 650

I've got one with 6600 on it, racks fairing, comfortable all day long, just cant do it at pace. Great on trails, had it about 10 years--love it

Bill

KLR 650

Kenny,

Got them from a house clearance, but they are metal Mule. Hepco and becker do virtually the same ones, screen home made-works but about to rework it this winter.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom