Hard Alpi Tour ... Any one signed up ??

Giles

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm in! Three of us from work. GS, 990, 690 .... :bounce1

That'll be brilliant, I looked at doing it last year:beerjug:

Looks good. Truck, big trailer, half a dozen bikes loaded with kit, driver and navigator and then 4 fly in....?

I've got a crew cab ranger that could tow. Just need a big ish trailer.

I think our plan is to ride there :D

We'll make five or six days of it probably and carry on some of the trails after the event ...

Lots of you tube clips. Looks good .. :thumb2

I think our plan is to ride there :D

We'll make five or six days of it probably and carry on some of the trails after the event ...

Lots of you tube clips. Looks good .. :thumb2

All very well for you chaps with Exxon Valdez sized fuel tanks... 11 litres will mean a fair few fuel stops!

A group of us did the pyrenees a couple of years ago, two of us flew, and those that drew the short straw trailered the bikes down. :D

it was a long old slog by all accounts ... and whilst they took it in turns to drive a landy, even laying on the back seat nobody slept. (took them about 18 hours I think ..:D)

But yes - getting there and back on a 690 or under is going to be a pain in the arse. (litterally ... !)

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showth...trails-Pyrenees&highlight=big+trails+pyrenees

But yes - getting there and back on a 690 or under is going to be a pain in the arse. (litterally ... !)

I know that the >150kg requirement doesn't rule out a lot of 600/650 singles but the 690 is too light!

I know that the >150kg requirement doesn't rule out a lot of 600/650 singles but the 690 is too light!

That would factor out the XChallenge as well if looking at pie in the sky dry weights.

Have emailed to ask how strict they are on the weight limit issue.

Ooooo really? Ummmmm, our third entry bloke is on a 690R ...

Hi Guys,

I just posted an official note for the Hardalpitour 2014

Bikewise any single cylinder dual sport (X-Challange, 690, 625, Terra, and so on) are very welcome. 150 kg is indicative to exclude light enduro/competition bikes! If you have an old XR600 is also good!

PM any time or write to nicola.deliguori@over2000riders.com

Ciao

Nic

On the list of things to do! Not sure my riding skill are up to it but I would love to do it on my 650GS twin!

Ha ha ... That looks like it'll be fun on a 1200!
I might invest in some decent head torches ..!

Ha ha ... That looks like it'll be fun on a 1200!
I might invest in some decent head torches ..!

Off road tyres are indispensible (TKC are ok!) and supplements lights help big deal!!!!

Other than that standard bikes and a large ammount of Redbull will do!!!!

Nic

Anybody looking for additional team members!

Hi all,

If anybody needs a spare bod and bike to make a team, please let me know!

I'm a keen amateur riding a GS8, with a general feel for off roading. Having four kids I'm used to being sleep deprived and can fit plasters to any cuts or grazes :thumb

Cheers

Paul

Hi all,

If anybody needs a spare bod and bike to make a team, please let me know!

I'm a keen amateur riding a GS8, with a general feel for off roading. Having four kids I'm used to being sleep deprived and can fit plasters to any cuts or grazes :thumb

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul,

There are already 2 UK teams looking for a third rider...drop me a PM or email me on nicola.deliguori@over2000riders.com

Ciao

Nic

PS I thought over 10 years of intense on call shift were the best training for endurance riding...I was wrong! Children keep you much fitter for night riding...

I did it last year... do it! Its a great experience.

Just remember there is never such a thing as too much light. Get yourself a couple 50w HID units. :cool:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom