Daihatsu sidecar outfit ...

Alte Wolf

Reaction score
Was travelling through central Serbia August 2012 and saw this. It was owned by a brit he claimed he had installed a Daihatsu Diesel engine in it :eek Enjoy/Endure :beerjug: pics from my smart phone so apologies for quality.

Hope I can remember how to link pics here ... here goes ...

IMG-20120812-00057.jpg

IMG-20120812-00056.jpg

IMG-20120812-00058.jpg

IMG-20120812-00059.jpg

IMG-20120812-00060.jpg

I'm sure I've seen that before. iirc Tarka posted some photos of it in one of his Dragon rally wright=up's, last year or so.

Interesting conversion. Bet it does 80 plus MPG too.

Val.

Thanks Wolfie for taking the trouble to post this, there are some of us on this site who like a bit on the side, sort of Fugley but interesting, mind you I remember when that was the general consensus for GS's. :thumb

I'm pretty sure that belongs to and was created by Buckles from this 'ere forum.

Ive seen that at olivers mount scarbrough about 2 years ago the bloke was kippin in a bivvy as well hard core eehhh:thumby:

Ive seen that at olivers mount scarbrough about 2 years ago the bloke was kippin in a bivvy as well hard core eehhh:thumby:

Yes the guy looked well ard as we would say, although to chat to he was normal/cool ... also the guy with im looked even well soooo arder a Serbian with half a leg off (bottom half ;) ) on a trike , you can just make part of it out in the last pic ( the trike not the leg). I didn't take pics of it as this diahatsu kina captured my attention :friday

Can't see the pics (on works computer) but it definitely belongs to my mate Buckles, from this here parish.

He's not as hard as he looks, the lightweight hahaha :friday

If I recall correctly the outfit is now with one of his mates in the Ukrain.

Attachments

• BuckSleep pud.jpg
    BuckSleep pud.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 444
I'm sure I've seen that before. iirc Tarka posted some photos of it in one of his Dragon rally wright=up's, last year or so.

Interesting conversion. Bet it does 80 plus MPG too.

Val.

well the old car advert claimed 108mpg & 108mph

Yes to all of the above, Its my rig but it now lives in Moscow, I gave it to the president of the Night Wolves. On that trip I covered approx 6500 miles in 6 weeks not bad on those rubber seats although at one point I had to stuff an inner tube between the rubber seat and the metal support, hey presto, air suspension Rotherham style. No mechanical problems in all those miles, the only faults I had lots of were punctures, 5 in one day, that smashed my skull in! having to repair so many bust tubes in the hot hot heat of wide open UA oh and loose head bearings, but I gave the rig a service at Doug and Pollys moto camp in Bulgaria. The Serb bloke is a good friend of mine he was blown up in the NATO bombings and like every SERB I met has a heart of gold. Did we meet at Bor lake Alte? most of my trips consist of vodka and rakia, topped up with beer, lol:thumb2

, I gave it to the president of the Night Wolves.

You missed out the words 'at gun point'......

'Gave it' ??

What led to such a magnanimous gesture?

Probably better than the alternative of Death By Bugger Bugger I suppose. :D

You missed out the words 'at gun point'......

'Gave it' ??

What led to such a magnanimous gesture?

Probably better than the alternative of Death By Bugger Bugger I suppose. :D

It has always been a dream of mine to travel like that, I built the rig with the help of some great friends, took it to the Bike show in Sevastopol, dream fulfilled:D the obvious next step was to give it away and watch it evolve with other peoples idea's, its never too far away, I can ride it when I want. Time to start a new project, thinking about a reverse trike from an old landy or a Shogun, a monster:blast:blast

Back
Top Bottom