Helinox chair

stevie

Reaction score
:camping Just bought one of the Helinox, chair one, chairs what a bit of kit, 850 grms, size packed about the same size as a big shoe,will take 320 lbs weight which is good for us big lads very strong chair a small enough to back cost around £70 which isnt cheap buy I think its a challenge to the Kermit check it out on the youtube vids:clap

I bought one last year, I found it good in that you can unlatch the legs, turn it through 90', sit on the backrest and use it inside the tent to allow a sitting position when eating etc. when you can't sit outside.

Great bit of kit these seats. :thumb2. I bought mine on line from Cotswold and with the forum discount the price is very good :)

Being someone whose clothing label says FB , I sat in a Helinox chair and I have to say, it's defo not for me.
Horses for courses as they say, but my one luxury is my royal commander chair, whatever else it goes on the bike .
Luckily SWMBO stays at home these days, lovely replacement !

+1 for this great bit of kit

Also an added bit of comfort on the Eurostar - could have sold loads to fellow bikers, standing/leaning/ shuffling on crossings (would have posted a picture, but not sure how to) :nenau

Also an added bit of comfort on the Eurostar - could have sold loads to fellow bikers, standing/leaning/ shuffling on crossings (would have posted a picture, but not sure how to) :nenau

Not worth getting it out for a 25 min crossing.

:thumb:beer: cut two tennis balls in half and use the 4 halves one under each leg,no sinking in to soft ground..[going to try to paddle across river on it next see if it works] LOL

Without a footprint they still sink into soft ground :nenau

Go to old fashioned hardware shop, buy four rubber feet for use on walking sticks, shove them on the end, job done. Done same thing on my kermit chair as well.

:D hey. BD I wire em to the back of bike fill em full of seed and feed the birds as I'm travelling.really small plastic bag in panniers,trust me it works:thumby:

I'm planning on doing quite a bit of camping with the bike this year so finally took the financial plunge on a Helinox chair.
Having read the reviews on here about the legs sinking into the ground I decided against the tennis ball faff and have gone for the Helinox Ground Chair rather than the
Helinox One. Slightly more expensive but the 15% Cotswold discount helped, and they delivered it for free.
So far I've only tried it for watching TV, but it's definitely comfortable and you can reach your beer off the floor without the chair tipping over!
Only weighs 560g and packs to about the size of a training shoe. Weight limit is 120 kg.

....another good tip to avoid sinking into soft ground is to cut and drill two lengths of plastic pipe.

Attachments

• SDC10915 (Medium)-L.jpg
    SDC10915 (Medium)-L.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 927
....another good tip to avoid sinking into soft ground is to cut and drill two lengths of plastic pipe.

thanks for that.
i have the chinese ebay helinox copy(£26), works just the same as a branded one.

Back
Top Bottom