Rear shocks and spring rates?

Deleted account 211025001

Reaction score
I need some new shocks for my T3 outfit and am considering getting some cheapo Hagons.

Any advice on roughly how much to go up on the spring rates to take into account the chair (Monza)?

Andres

If you phone Hagon and tell them the weight of driver and any passengers,also estimated weight of any luggage, etc,likely to be carried on the outfit,they will calculate the spring rate for you.

What he said above. :thumb2

The folk at Hagons are very knowledgeable and helpful.

Yup, I think I'll need to buzz them and see what they say as asking around nobody seems to have a any more idea than I do................the only thing holding me back from doing that in the first place was the experiance of a guy on here who had shocks that were way too soft spec'd by Hagon. I'll have a chat with Watsonian as well, probably the best option :)

Andres

Yup, I think I'll need to buzz them and see what they say as asking around nobody seems to have a any more idea than I do................the only thing holding me back from doing that in the first place was the experiance of a guy on here who had shocks that were way too soft spec'd by Hagon. I'll have a chat with Watsonian as well, probably the best option :)

Andres
I think I may have fitted them for the chap, came up from Essex with them,1150 outfit,they were far too soft,
As good a company to deal with as they are,if the bike is a keeper I would upspec to a better shock if the budget is available.
Failing that ,remove the springs from the existing shocks to find out what Spring rate is on now then go from there
Edit.... Just seen date prob sorted now

Edit.... Just seen date prob sorted now

..........and sold over a year ago :D

FWIW I agree with you completely, the budget Hagon shocks were put on for the sale, spec'd by Hagon for an outfit AND were only just ok on max preload for solo riding. No good two up or with luggage.......

Andres

Back
Top Bottom