I'vr reached Timbuctoo!!

Tiffany

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
We finally wearily rode into town last night at 10 pm having had to ride the final 70 kms in the dark due to having been delayed by my chain jumping off the sprocket at one point- and tring to find a solid piece of ground to do repairs in the desert is not easy.
Then my headlamp fixings both broke -thanks to an earlier bodge job fix-it from Clive (when we were in Bordeaux 3 weeks ago) I knew all I needed to fix the headlamp was a piece of wire,
however where do you find wire in the middle of the Sahara at 6pm on a Tuesday evening?
A burst of inspiration - my bra!
Yes the underwire worked perfectly, we did the repairs and rode on through the night with a headlamp working well and a semi-functioning bra!

A late night river crossing an a large dugout canoe (nobody told me there was a big river to cross- I thought this was the desert).
The locals assured us that two GS bikes could easily fit in the boat and they were right- though the boat was low in the water.

It feels great to have got here- and they even serve cold beer.

Time to rest, watch the camels and then think about coming home.:beerjug:

Well done, congratulations!

Even if it is with a semi-functioning bra, hehe.
For what it's worth, I would advise you to remove the other underwire too :D

Enjoy the well deserved rest!

Cheers,
Michel

Let me be the first to volunteer to hold things in place for you. :eyebrow

Seriously, I'm sat at my desk in the UK recovering from a really bad cold with a stack of work a foot high and 217 unread emails. To hear that you have reached Timbuctoo is a ray of sunshine in an otherwise crap day.

Enjoy.

Mike

Tiff , you're amazing !!!
Visions of you whipping your bra off in the middle of the desert have resulted in me being toatlly unable to work for the rest of the day :D I must make a note to pack abra on my next bike trip .....it's obviously an essential bit of overlander kit :thumb Well done and have a good rest before you head home.

Tiffany C said:

Then my headlamp fixings both broke -thanks to an earlier bodge
A burst of inspiration - my bra!

Tiff.......... wouldn't it have been easier to support the headlamp in the bra and hook the shoulder straps over the handle bars and do the clip up over the ignition switch??:D :goof

Tiff, thanks to your update and report on head lamp bodges thats another tea filled keyboard I have.

youre a star:beerjug: :beer:

Well done girlie !!!

Congratulations Girlie We are so sooooooooooo proud of you, it is so like you to think of using the underwire to your bra to fix the headlight.
We are now thinking a M&S voucher would be a good belated birthday/xmas present for you. Looking forward to typing up the journal from this exciting trip:boobies

Congrats young lady !! Excellent !! Well done !!

(guess any photos of the bra thing are out of the question..:D )

tiff.....we really need to talk lingerie when you get back.....
underwires for riding the bike........hhhhmmmm.......
well done mate....
try and get back in time for annies frome meet...there's some new knitting patterns you REALLY must see xx

Mike Werner said:
Congrats young lady !! Excellent !! Well done !!

(guess any photos of the bra thing are out of the question..:D )

What can I say except that yes, it was a Kodak moment!
and I didn't need to remove the bra first- I do have some sense of decency even in the middle of the Sahara.
The photo however will most likely be for the Women's Weekly posse only.

Setting off early in the morning for the return journey- any guesses for the mileage from here to Land's End? Start a sweepstake and the closest one will get a prize at the Land's End event in April.

I am off for a camel ride into the sand dunes now with the Touareg- they have been very impressed with my Hein Gericke Toerag outfit, and they have offered to swap clothes.:D

Bravo!

mademoiselle! un joli coup de chapeau!
Bon voyage de retour
A bientot
Bert

Back
Top Bottom