GSA Test Ride

My quote was for £8,000....bear in mind that mine has only got 6,500 miles on it, since it has stood unused for the best part of the last 3 years after a massive cycling accident left me unable to ride it for two+ years! It's immaculate, got HID's on main, dip, and fog, and few tasteful extras, and included the luggage......and as I pointed out to the salesman, the part-ex seemed a bit low, seeing as he had bikes of a similar age but with much more miles on the clock in his showroom going for £11,000!

Guess they're flying out the door, and they want to make money on both parts of the deal...

Thanks, mine has 20,000 miles so I don't even want to know. IMHO it's the wrong time of the year to buy a new bike and the wrong model to buy soon after launch with more demand than available supply, wait a few months and dealers will throw panniers in and give you a better p/x. Clearly if money was no object..... :beerjug:

I will try to resist and not even do a test ride for the time being, looking forward to my European trip in mid-April with my beautiful TC :thumb

As someone else mentioned, there isn't anywhere as near as much torque, or engine braking on the new bike.

This would be a concern - for me 'torque' defines what a flat twin is all about. I would rather have that than an extra 15hp in peak power. Looks like my 20k mile Twin Cam may stay a while longer

This would be a concern - for me 'torque' defines what a flat twin is all about. I would rather have that than an extra 15hp in peak power. Looks like my 20k mile Twin Cam may stay a while longer

It's a different sort of engine...quicker, more acceleration even in Road mode. But a couple of times I found myself going into a corner, selecting the gear, and waiting for the engine braking...and it just wasn't there. I'm sure it's just something you'd adapt to, but I will say that I found the brakes themselves very good

Not enough torque? What?

The engine is great. It powers out of corners from low speed in high gears, having owned boxers from 1000/1200TC /1200 WC, this is by far my favorite.

Of course, the seat of the pants feel is all personal, but to me, the engine is the best thing about this bike! So you need a good test on one for more than just an hour.

Not enough torque? What?

The engine is great. It powers out of corners from low speed in high gears, having owned boxers from 1000/1200TC /1200 WC, this is by far my favorite.

Of course, the seat of the pants feel is all personal, but to me, the engine is the best thing about this bike! So you need a good test on one for more than just an hour.

The WC has more torque (grunt) than all than all of the previous GS's

Yes, I just dont get how someone cant feel the extra pull / grunt. The thing wheelies in 3rd gear easily too. Turn off ESA and see how much it really wants to raise its head.

I was literally shouting "SSSHHHHIIIIITTTTTTTTTT" as I accelerated out of a bend in my helmet yesterday I was loving it so much. Found the sweet spot and WOW.

(Despite my ....2nd.... dash / speedo failing last week, which is another story ITS AMAZING!!!).

Yes, I just dont get how someone cant feel the extra pull / grunt. The thing wheelies in 3rd gear easily too. Turn off ESA and see how much it really wants to raise its head.

I was literally shouting "SSSHHHHIIIIITTTTTTTTTT" as I accelerated out of a bend in my helmet yesterday I was loving it so much. Found the sweet spot and WOW.

(Despite my ....2nd.... dash / speedo failing last week, which is another story ITS AMAZING!!!).

Could not agree more , I had the 1200s multisrada , now that was feisty , this new LC is class act , that is why I sold the multisrada .

I thought that on my test ride

Road mode was lovely................whereas Dynamic was too twitchy and flighty on roads around the Peaks
Dynamic for fast roads/motorways, road mode for the likes of the Peaks/Wales or in town, rain mode for roads with gravel up the middle where you can sometimes get caught out, enduro mode for tracks etc and finally enduro pro for.... erm, not sure yet :D

Had a few hours spare today so took out a K1600GT for an hour followed by by a GSA12.

I was very impressed by the K16-it felt as quick as my old K13S and that motor is such a turbine !!! But then I took it back and jumped on the GSA WC.
I was half expecting to be under-whelmed.I never rode the standard GS WC as I hate the looks .But the GSA looks much better and I must admit to being taken aback to just how bloody good it was.
It's been 5 years since I sold my GSA12 but this new one seems SO much better.The only slight complaint was a 'hunting' of the engine between 2-2500 revs,especially in 4th for some reason.

Other than that-faultless.I was even starting to think of selling my SE950 etc etc,until I got back on it and realised it's still a keeper.But If I could afford it,I think I would have the GSA over the KTM 1190R,and that's quite an admission !!!!

Had a few hours spare today so took out a K1600GT for an hour followed by by a GSA12.

I was very impressed by the K16-it felt as quick as my old K13S and that motor is such a turbine !!! But then I took it back and jumped on the GSA WC.
I was half expecting to be under-whelmed.I never rode the standard GS WC as I hate the looks .But the GSA looks much better and I must admit to being taken aback to just how bloody good it was.
It's been 5 years since I sold my GSA12 but this new one seems SO much better.The only slight complaint was a 'hunting' of the engine between 2-2500 revs,especially in 4th for some reason.

Other than that-faultless.I was even starting to think of selling my SE950 etc etc,until I got back on it and realised it's still a keeper.But If I could afford it,I think I would have the GSA over the KTM 1190R,and that's quite an admission !!!!

I know you love your 950 , so Wow !! Can't wait to get mine !!

.... the GSA looks much better and I must admit to being taken aback to just how bloody good it was.... If I could afford it,I think I would have the GSA over the KTM 1190R,and that's quite an admission !!
Time to change your sig line then :thumb

Looking at that picture, and I'm assuming it's the olive/khaki one, but it looks black....I think it'd look stunning in black, and I think BMW have missed a trick there, I'm sure black ones would fly out of the door.

.....the blue colour is growing on me though

I know, they're not having to work too hard selling them....it'd still look striking in black :thumb2

Quadruple black next year!!!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

The WC engine isn't lacking for power or torque, and I've never heard anyone who's actually ridden one say otherwise. Sounds more like you are trying to justify sticking with your current bike. If it's good enough for you surely that sufficient reason rather than coming out with spurious nonsense.

Going for a test ride next week it is going to gave to be bloody good to tempt me to replace my 2011 twin cam gsa, the 2013 gs water cooled I tried last year definitely was not

If the standard 1200wc was not good enough to temp you then don't waste your time taking out the gsa,although a nice bike which rides and handles well it's not as rewarding to ride as the standard wc.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom