Gas Gas txt 280pro

doyle

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Needing advice,what to look out for,is it suitable for trial novice.
2006 bike hardly been used allegedly. £1500 Ono

Does this seem a fair price. I know virtually nothing about trials bikes but fancy trying one.

The 280 is a bike made for experts.
My first trials bike is a 280 pro and initially I thought it was fine but as I started to try more challenging things the instant tree climbing power got me into all sorts of bother.
I have fitted a slow throttle head spacer and a flywheel weight but it is still not ideal and I now prefer riding my twinshock Fantic.
On the plus side if it had not been for getting the bike cheap I would not have tried Trials and I would have missed out on something that I really enjoy.

So a cheap 280 is OK to have a bit of a go on and see if you like it. Make sure that you fit a slow throttle with a bit of slack in the cable before you ride it.

I have a 2003 gasgas 280 txt pro I have owned it for the last nine year approx would make a great first trials bike pm your email and al send you pics George 07980766319.....:thumb2

I have a 2003 gasgas 280 txt pro I have owned it for the last nine year approx would make a great first trials bike pm your email and al send you pics George 07980766319.....:thumb2

If only this was available now :blast Any more bargains like this in Scotland, I'm looking for a sub £1k bike in good working order to get into this...again. Used to have a 325 Bultaco Sherpa many years ago and it almost put me off trials for life :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom