Fuel Guage Problem

I knew it would come back to bite me......all my talk about my invincible fuel strips!!!!

Out for a spin today, towards the end of the spin I noticed my fuel guage had dissapeared from the display and the fuel warning was flashing, as soon as I pulled off and turned a corner it came back to life.

Is this a symptom of the dreaded failure????

Right......that's that then, it still works from time to time during a ride but it's not working more than it is now!!

How much are ye lads over in Blighty giving the main dealers to fit a new fuel strip??

...Or get a little black box from www.proebeemer.nl and get a second hand float and convert it to the later float system for about the same money as a fuel strip fitted and worry about it no more. Did mine over a year ago all good.

The funny thing is....... I filled it this morning and it registered the full tank and has worked perfectly all day (200kms)
Fingers crossed that it just threw a wobbly/lost its calibration on the last tank for some reason and has sorted itself out.

Sent from a U11

Fed up, The fuel gauge only worked fully for a couple of weeks!

After replacing the sensor strip, it's once again playing up. Its doing the same thing it did for over two years prior to it turning the reserve light on, which caused me to replace the strip in january.

Only the top quarter of the gauge shows any movement, I can fill it up and it shows usage until it goes down to 3/4 full and then stops showing any more use, so I am once again having to rely on the odometer and fill up ever 250-280mls to be on the safe side.

I will take it back to BMW for them to check and recalibrate/replace it under warranty, but I'm thinking this is not a problem with the sensor fuel strip?

Anyone got any ideas,,, :nenau

Fed up, The fuel gauge only worked fully for a couple of weeks!

After replacing the sensor strip, it's once again playing up. Its doing the same thing it did for over two years prior to it turning the reserve light on, which caused me to replace the strip in january.

Only the top quarter of the gauge shows any movement, I can fill it up and it shows usage until it goes down to 3/4 full and then stops showing any more use, so I am once again having to rely on the odometer and fill up ever 250-280mls to be on the safe side.

I will take it back to BMW for them to check and recalibrate/replace it under warranty, but I'm thinking this is not a problem with the sensor fuel strip?

Anyone got any ideas,,, :nenau

2 year warranty if dealer fitted, take it back , I had 4 fitted in my 2 years, last one is actually still working after 20 months, fingers crossed,

Back
Top Bottom