Smartphone Link - just love it

Wobble

Hugh Janus
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone else played with this?

I really like it, and the send address to GPS is a cool feature, I even use the live traffic in my car.

Only downside is that the traffic and other subscriptions are not transferable to the Garmin GBR & IRL software that I have on my smart phone (oh, and the parking thing seems biased towards cars)

Two years and no reply!

But I have just downloaded Smartphone Link and will be interested to see how I get on with it.

Has anyone else played with this?

I really like it, and the send address to GPS is a cool feature, I even use the live traffic in my car.

Only downside is that the traffic and other subscriptions are not transferable to the Garmin GBR & IRL software that I have on my smart phone (oh, and the parking thing seems biased towards cars)

Some of the old folk on this forum take a while to learn the new ways, and then they forget what they needed it for in the first place

Still not really sure what it does. Looks really limited to me, basically put in a single postcode etc and that's it or am I missing something ?

So I like the smartphone link as you can;

Get up to date traffic information on the Nav 5

Send an address to the Nav 5 to navigate to

So I like the smartphone link as you can;

Get up to date traffic information on the Nav 5

Send an address to the Nav 5 to navigate to

I get up to date traffic info on the cheap (about 100 pounds) Garmin in the car. I do have to press the screen to enter an address but ,as have not yet lost the use of my fingers, I somehow cope!

If you use the Foursquare feature assuming your phone is data connected, you can search for virtually anything and then send the location to your Nav 5 and it will then plot a route to it.

If you have a contacts list on your phone with corresponding addresses listed, you can choose a contact and send it to the Nav 5 and it will plot a route.

It will show you live traffic information in this country for free.
It can show weather on your route ( one time small subscription)

If you use the Foursquare feature assuming your phone is data connected, you can search for virtually anything and then send the location to your Nav 5 and it will then plot a route to it.

If you have a contacts list on your phone with corresponding addresses listed, you can choose a contact and send it to the Nav 5 and it will plot a route.

It will show you live traffic information in this country for free.
It can show weather on your route ( one time small subscription)

That's all I could find bloody waste of time and bag of bo locks

But you said all it did was find a postcode which is obviously not true.

What would you like it to do ?

I actually said etc after the initial comment if we are being pedantic, meaning it probably does a little more than I actually alluded too. I would have expected the same level of info and usability that the nav v has so can mess with it at work, at home ETC if I don't have nav v with me and if I alter settings it would sync with the satnav.

Maybe it would help if anyone knew what you are referring to.. IE what smartphone link ?

Smartphone Link not Working

I haven't been able to get my Smartphone Link working for several weeks now, my guess is since the App upgraded to 2.1 at the end of March, anyone else having issues? All it does is open and close staright away again (iPhone 4).... I did find the weather radar part pretty useful.

Roy

Hi

The link is working perfect in sunny south Bucks.

If you're having problems connecting, delete the device from the list in the Bluetooth list in settings. Then re-pair. Mine connects seamlessly to the Nav 5 and gar Garmin.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom