Basecamp does not recognise Nav V

wrinkleyowlie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm a total techno phobe but have followed several tutorials since getting my Nav V and now appear to be able to plan a route on basecamp.

However,when I try to transfer to my Nav V it just comes up with "no device found" what am I not doing or doing wrong ?

Steve

I'm a total techno phobe but have followed several tutorials since getting my Nav V and now appear to be able to plan a route on basecamp.

However,when I try to transfer to my Nav V it just comes up with "no device found" what am I not doing or doing wrong ?

Steve

As a starting point

Can you see any Garmin drives on your computer when connected?

Make sure you are using the Garmin USB lead that came with the device.

Connect the lead to a main USB socket on the PC, dont use a USB hub.

As a starting point

Can you see any Garmin drives on your computer when connected?

Make sure you are using the Garmin USB lead that came with the device.

Connect the lead to a main USB socket on the PC, dont use a USB hub.

I can't see any Garmin drives when the device is connected.

I'm using the Garmin USB lead which came with it.

I'm connected to the main USB socket on the laptop.

What it actually says when I try to transfer data is "there are no devices connected to basecamp"

Steve

I have a Nuvi 2595 which exhibited the same problems as you, ie not seen in Basecamp or on the computor and this is what I was told by Garmin:

Some of Garmin’s newer devices are now Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) devices which do not automatically go into Mass Storage mode when connected to a computer.

1. Unplug the unit from computer.
2. Power up the unit and go to main screen.
3. Press the View Map icon.
4. Press the Speed data field.
5. Press and hold the Speed data field (round field) for ten seconds.
6. A Diagnostics page will appear.
7. Scroll down and choose "MTP Settings"
8. It will likely say "MTP Auto Detect". Change this to "Mass Storage Single Session", then press save.

The above might work on your Nav V, but ......

Thanks for the info folks.

tried all of the above....nothing so far.

I could try speaking to Garmin but last time I tried that it was as if they where speaking a different language to me :nenau

Steve

Steve

1. When you log-on to the MyGarmin website, does your device register? If it does, your device is talking to your PC.
2. Have you tried Uninstalling/Re-Installing BaseCamp?

Not too sure if it's relevant with the later, post StreetPilot, Garmins but there's a downloadable USB driver on the Garmin site (well there was the last time I looked for it). Reinstalling this used to sort out PC connection problems.

That and use of the pukka Garmin lead. Though might be worth trying a generic mini USB lead (in case your Garmin one is damaged) and/or a different USB socket if you haven't already.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Spent a fair bit of time on the phone with Garmin today plus they've sent several e'mails and I must say they've been very helpful,unfortuately nothing has worked !!

So,I borrowed an old lap top from a mate and low and behold within 45mins I was up and running with basecamp and it recognised my Nav 5 and I was able to transfer routes,which would suggest the problem is with my laptop and not with the device.

Problem is now...what the hell's up with the laptop ?????

My missus is fairly handy with the techno stuff and she's tried everything she knows.

Anyone any ideas.

Steve

Have you got Garmin Express running as well..? or in the background..?
As this takes priority over Basecamp and the pc.?
If so shut down/close Garmin Express.
Mts

It appears the problem was with my PC not recognising the drivers for the device.

Nothing I could do about it, or so I was advised !

Bought a new laptop,all is well.

Many thanks for all the advice.

Steve

I had Windows 8.1 installed on my computer and now have the same problem. I contacted Garmin and now 4 weeks later after endless emails and telephone calls and broken promises I am no further forward. If I eventually resolve the problem I'll let you know.

I had Windows 8.1 installed on my computer and now have the same problem. I contacted Garmin and now 4 weeks later after endless emails and telephone calls and broken promises I am no further forward. If I eventually resolve the problem I'll let you know.

I have Windows 8.1, upgraded from Windows 7 (although this was a new PC which came with Win7 downgrade, I had to contact the maker for the free Win 8.1 disk), and have had no such problems. It might be worth doing a BIOS update, go to your montherboard manufacturers website where you should find the tools for the job.

Basecamp does not recognise device

I had this problem after an upgrade and was somewhat surprised that the fix I found below was originally posted elsewhere in 2015.

To recap: Basecamp wouldn't detect the device anymore. But it was visible on Garmin Express and Windows Explorer.

The solution: Switching the Zumo to Mass Storage Mode instead of MTP mode.
Since Basecamp and Mapsource aren't friends with MTP Mode, after switching the Zumo to Mass Storage Mode, Basecamp finally and happily detected the Zumo.

To set the Zumo in Mass Storage Mode, all you have to do is :

> go to the volume menu on the start screen
> tap and hold on the top right corner of the screen, after a few seconds a hidden menu appears
> tap on MTP Settings
> change to Mass Storage

Back
Top Bottom