Your BEST BUY products

Thermarest and a Macpac down sleeping bag, never had a bad nights kip with these from warm nights to winter wild camps :D

Daytona boots, lasts for years even with regular use, always comfy, totally waterproof and re soleable and totally breathable.

+1 20 years, 100,000 miles at least. Still waterproof. Not bad for shop soiled bargain

IKEA sheepskin rug. Cut to size, stitch on some elastic straps, affix to saddle. 8,500 miles in a month barely a hint of sore bum on the otherwise standard 1150 saddle. (Also gets kudos, the skin not me, for looking like a bear skin to Americans)

G-Tech AirRam Vacuum Cleaner.............

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gtech-AirRA...&qid=1400504847&sr=8-2&keywords=gtech+air+ram

cordless-vac.jpg

Far easier (and better) than a Dyson :rob

Cheaper from Costco.

Al :D

Leatherman supertool - best ever, in fact can hardly remember a day i didnt use it for something !!:rob

+1. S'tool 200. Now retired after 10yrs+ including no quibble FOC rebuild by Whitby's after abuse (left it on the 4 wheel horse box and ran over it then run over by several passing cars!). Replaced by Surge last year in the hope for another 10yrs+.

Fluff

Pound shop bungees with carabiner clips. See also pound shop ratchet straps. All available in sunny Mitcham.

Casio G-Shock watch.
Tough, looks good and keeps perfect time.
Model G-1000 5034 here.

Altberg boots. Ten years old, over 100,000 miles. Resoled for £49 and some velcro replaced. Brilliant service from Altberg, and an English business.

Like Fanum my Halfords Pro Tools.

My Altberg boots - I have Haaglunds deformity on each foot and Altberg formed the boots round each deformity. Now 18 months old and nearly need new soles - they are the first pair of footwear I have ever had which do not rub my heels raw and consequently are worn every day of the week.

Sidi Courier boots
Rukka jacket
Hein Gericke Pathan gloves - warmest winter gloves

Crowtree leather pants, 12 years on still fit and still going strong. Altberg boots 7 years old and also still going strong.
It's a case of you definitely get what you pay for.

Back
Top Bottom