***Please Note*** you can not create threads directly in this section. This section is made up of threads that have been moved here from other areas of the site
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your DON'T BUY products

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    All-in-one waterproof over suits. I have not had one that didn't leak over the leg where that daft diagonal zip goes down to your knee.**

Leggings with trouser leg gussets that always get trapped in the zip slider and leave you hopping about in the rain trying to untangle the pissing things.

Why the F do they all do that?

Trouble is two piece suits generally leave me with a wet belly where water has blown up wards behind the petrol tank.
    08 R1200GSA
    76 Suzuki GT750

Quote Originally Posted by Bendy toy View Post
    All-in-one waterproof over suits. I have not had one that didn't leak over the leg where that daft diagonal zip goes down to your knee.**

Leggings with trouser leg gussets that always get trapped in the zip slider and leave you hopping about in the rain trying to untangle the pissing things.

Why the F do they all do that?

Trouble is two piece suits generally leave me with a wet belly where water has blown up wards behind the petrol tank.
    Try the BMW all in one rain suit mine has never leaked, the only downside is it's bright yellow and the wearer looks like banana man.

Land Rover Discovery 300 TDi.

Shark helmets. Evoline visor jamed down. Carbon r with the big opening lining fraying after 2 months. S 800 built down to a price. Yes it was cheap but so are ls2 which is better. JJH

Fat Bikers Bounce Better Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by The Other PaulG View Post
    Land Rover Discovery 300 TDi.

Anything made by Landrover.
    Arrogant Patronising English scum living the dream ...

Quote Originally Posted by JJH View Post
    Shark helmets. Evoline visor jamed down. Carbon r with the big opening lining fraying after 2 months. S 800 built down to a price. Yes it was cheap but so are ls2 which is better. JJH
    My speed r had bits (vents etc) falling off it after about 18months, and the same fraying of the lining, back to a Shoei now

Any 'own brand' cordless tools especially anything with a Sealey badge on it.................fairly expensive impact gun went through 6 batteries and 3 chargers in 3 years (binned the lot in the end) the Sealey 4 1/2" mains angle grinder snapped its output shaft the first time it was used .

Any power tools from Machine Mart with a Clarke name badge on it , self destructing angle grinders, radom orbital sander and electric power file.

As for cordless drills have tried the lot from Bosch through DeWalt before eventually discovering that Makita ones actually work well and continue to function for years and years (touch wood)

For tools I like McAllister from B&Q. Strike the right balance of price and durability. What’s the point of having a 500 dollar drill for occasional diy work. Now tools from Argos pure shite. JJH

Rukka

I think my views are well known. You pay high price wanting the best, when the product falls apart, the dealer/ distributor is not interested, does not honour the warranty.

Not a good product and the warranty is not worth a bean. Avoid an expensive mistake.

In fairness to rukka there seem to be a lot of happy rukka people out there. JJH

Quote Originally Posted by JJH View Post
    In fairness to rukka there seem to be a lot of happy rukka people out there. JJH
    As you say. But a pair of Ł550 trousers with a broken zip within a month followed by the groin area stitching falling part and a response it’s my fault through abrasion is bollox. When I contacted. The importer with the photos and report from the textile expert he said he hadn’t actually seen the trousers, just that the dealer had described them.

Not worth a bean. If you got a quality set, well done. If you do t care about your Ł1500 take a chance.

Update: zip fell off the jacket pocket when in Iceland. Yes it was lubricates using Rukka pen. 2 years old.

Samsung smart tv, not so smart less than 2 years already black shadow across the top, going in the skip tomorrow, going back to Sony never had a problem with their TV,s.

CHIPEX Car restoration/touch up paint!

they say that the paint is colour matched specifically to your make and model (Enter Your Reg Here) Bollox.

I should have known better. I even watched various You Tuber demo's.

Colour match was crap and when you take off the excess in the prescribed manner it either doesn't take enough or takes too much. I don't think I did anything wrong but even if I did it's still ended up as a complete and utter....

TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY!

Quote Originally Posted by Bendy toy View Post
    I’ve been pretty impressed with Aldi stuff TBH.
    Whereas some of their own stuff is ok... ish, I bought some garden weed flamer thrower (butane canister) stuff from them one time.

Have you ever tried to take out weeds with a blow torch!!? Doesn't work. Sure it'll take the top off and they grow back from the roots.

Worse still is that the butane canister is specific to them, and as they are a periodic item (for opportunist buyers like idiot me) you cannot get replacements or refills!

Aldi or Lidl special buys. Just be very very careful. Cheap is not always best.

Quote Originally Posted by Smogbob View Post
    Samsung smart tv, not so smart less than 2 years already black shadow across the top, going in the skip tomorrow, going back to Sony never had a problem with their TV,s.
    I thought Samsung make the panel for Sony. Also, check your warranty as Samsung is usually 5 years and can be 6 depending on where you buy it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast