5 days in Morocco, great roads, great food and 1 epic 12 hour off road ride from hell

Chris, that was an awesome write up, you should be a travel writer mate!
I fancy another potter back to maroc, but not on my yellow 1150 for sure!

Great write-up Chris, just read the lot.

thanks for sharing

Excellent write-up. Thanks for sharing it.

Just read it all and passed an hour or so at work (dead slow because of Ramadan)

cracking read Chris :beerjug:

I have just spent an hour reading your ride report. Fantastic :beerjug: thanks for sharing

Just read this report again...

Thanks for all of your comments, thoroughly enjoyed writing the report and planning is already underway for next years adventure.....:green gri

Fantastic Report, few years since I toured but reports like this make you want to just take off and do one! Well done to all, camaraderie or what!

Just finished reading this report again, just brought back so many memories and has inspired me to start thinking about next years adventure... Where to next???

Dunno how I missed this .... but just spent an hour reading and thoroughly enjoying :D

Excellent, good one guys :thumb

Thanks

:beerjug:

Great write up guys .
:thumb
I now need to decide when im going .

fantastic report , makes it more real with all the ups and downs

I couldn't sleep so chilled with a coffee and read this RR.
Surprised by the chain cut incident in Andelucia.
I noticed you were on knobblys the way, how was that on the Europe section.
Also No motocross boots for the difficult off road stuff, easy enough to crack an ankle on that stuff.
I tried some sandy tracks 2 up on a 1200gs near Huelva, the bike sank and went over i had my foot trapped under it but just managed to get it out in time with my skinny ankle intact but hobbling for the rest of the holiday.
I like how you won the Top Gear challenge, it was a no brainier, I would rather sitting on a bike than on a ferry.
A great read thanks for posting.

I couldn't sleep so chilled with a coffee and read this RR.
Surprised by the chain cut incident in Andelucia.
I noticed you were on knobblys the way, how was that on the Europe section.
Also No motocross boots for the difficult off road stuff, easy enough to crack an ankle on that stuff.
I tried some sandy tracks 2 up on a 1200gs near Huelva, the bike sank and went over i had my foot trapped under it but just managed to get it out in time with my skinny ankle intact but hobbling for the rest of the holiday.
I like how you won the Top Gear challenge, it was a no brainier, I would rather sitting on a bike than on a ferry.
A great read thanks for posting.

Cheers Patzx,
I wasn't surprised by the chain cut, whilst generally Andelucia is lovely there are areas (like anywhere) that are not so nice. Estepona is one of them and i wouldn't stay there again.. The 2 GSAs had TKC80s fitted and they were great in Europe, they are surprisingly good on the hard stuff. The downside is that they wear out a lot quicker than the likes of Tourances etc. The rear on both 1150s were shot by the time we reached UK soil.. In terms of boots we were wearing Sidi Adventure boots, no drama's with them plenty of protection for the stuff we were riding on very comfy and last well. I still have the same pair and they are still going strong..

Cheers Patzx,
I wasn't surprised by the chain cut, whilst generally Andelucia is lovely there are areas (like anywhere) that are not so nice. Estepona is one of them and i wouldn't stay there again.. The 2 GSAs had TKC80s fitted and they were great in Europe, they are surprisingly good on the hard stuff. The downside is that they wear out a lot quicker than the likes of Tourances etc. The rear on both 1150s were shot by the time we reached UK soil.. In terms of boots we were wearing Sidi Adventure boots, no drama's with them plenty of protection for the stuff we were riding on very comfy and last well. I still have the same pair and they are still going strong..

I know it was a trip 3 years ago but refreshing to read. I always stay in Fuengirola and hardly ever used the lock but as you say, you have to pick your spot.
Hostel Italia is good right in town and a garage.

Back
Top Bottom