Less than two weeks to go!

Crapaud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Not long now. :D

I'll be away for the next week but hopefully I can still get web and email access. I got volunteered again to help the local disabled group with their bi-annual holidays. This is the group for which we raised the funds last year.:) In the morning I have to drive a 17 seater minibus around Devon to collect the "clients" for their holiday. Many of them have been looking forward to this holiday for the last two years. Last years event raised a total of £1,800 for the group so that has enabled more people to enjoy the holiday this time.

The group will also be joining us at the Wee kend on the Saturday afternoon when we will feed them with a BBQ and hopefully also entertain them. I remember last year when Steptoe tried to include one of the group in his attempt at soldering up some wiring on an airhead :D That reminds me, I've still not heard from the grumpy old git despite sending him private massages.:(

There are still plenty of spaces available so please continue with the bookings as detailed in the other thread. I think last year we had almost half the bookings come in within the last few days once the weather forecasters told you lot that it would be hot and sunny.:D

Don't forget that there are a finite number of spaces. Leave it too late and we might just have put up the "Full House" signs.

That's why I booked so early, anywhere's warm and sunny compared to Scotland. :D

can't wait really looking forward to this weekend I'm sure it will be brilliant. just got to decide what bike to bring :D

looking forward watching the professionals in the workshop :cool::beerjug:

Now only one week to go. Hopefully many more will book in when they realise its going to be good weather next weekend.:)

Now back home after a week away with the disabled group. Now the work begins. I need to spend time tidying up the workshop. I have a large horse trailer being converted into a race bike trailer. Then there are two non-airheads on the ramps that need to be finished.
That leaves the hovercraft to sort. Apparently a new K100 engine was delivered yesterday but I've not found it yet. That gives you an idea of how untidy the workshop is at the moment that we can lose an engine!

That leaves the hovercraft to sort. Apparently a new K100 engine was delivered yesterday but I've not found it yet. That gives you an idea of how untidy the workshop is at the moment that we can lose an engine!

it's quotes like that, that make you special sid :)

Having not been before, has anyone got the address, or a sat nav waypoint even,

It's a long way down from here, so I need to do some planning!

Now only one week to go. Hopefully many more will book in when they realise its going to be good weather next weekend.:)

Now back home after a week away with the disabled group. Now the work begins. I need to spend time tidying up the workshop. I have a large horse trailer being converted into a race bike trailer. Then there are two non-airheads on the ramps that need to be finished.

I vote you don't sort the hovercraft until Thursday, so that it can be extensively tested over the weekend. :D

The hovercraft will not be running yet. Considering the carnage that I can cause just riding my quad, I'm not going to pilot the hovercraft until after I've had intensive training.

We plan to raise money for the Air Ambulance and not have to use their services again.

Wishing I could make this alas this year I find myself a bit far away. However, I think Sid may have a pair of forks from an R80 with progressive springs in them and a front and a rear rim/wheels with axle I think. Digga or someone was after them and I've sent photos a few times but never heard anything about it so if anyone could use them for a project take a look. I'm not sure how much the setup is worth as a ukgser price but I know they aren't cheap at motorworks. I'd happily let Sid :)P) take £250 for the lot with £50 going to the charadee.

I should have taken them with me to Canada but I wasn't thinking straight or something. :blast

SHIT! :eek

I found a box of bits today and realised it was the stuff I collected from Canuck last year to sell on his behalf. I feel dreadful that I forgot to sell this and pass the money on to Canuck. I did clean the bits up and took photos many many months ago but somehow they got hidden somewhere in the dark corners of my workshop and forgotten about. What with all the things that have happened in recent months including trying to rebuild the hovercraft and then breaking my wife's leg badly, I completely forgot about Canuck's bits.

I will put the bits out on display next weekend and if they don't sell then I will sell them on ebay and pay any fees myself. I'll find the photos I took and post them up on here tomorrow.

IF you paid your £12 I could send you a pm....

I am SO SO sorry that I forgot about this.:(

Sid my friend...no worries. I only mention it in case someone could use them for a project and you should have a pretty select few at your next weekend. And if it goes to ebay you won't be paying fees... I'll be paying you handling charges! I'll give you a shout soon anyway. No rush or hurry... You did me a big favour by dropping in to take the bits and bobs. Hope everyone is well and healthy now.

Back
Top Bottom