JohnGS1100 Tuning Chip

My replacement chip arrived this morning, many thanks John. I'm off to France for 2 weeks this afternoon so won't get chance to fit it till I get back.

Mick

livin' the dream

I've the non working chip in my toolbox. I'll send it back when I get the new one.

Well i fitted my replacement chip from John today, my bike a single spark 2001 r1150gs with remus decat and remus silencer. The bike runs much smoother than with the stock chip and revs out cleaner. Also holding a steady throttle it doesnt surge anywhere near as much and feels less mechanically stressed than before.......for some reason.
I'm sure there will be more of an improvement when i give the bike a service as its almost 6000 miles since i last balance the throttle bodies and set the tappets and end floats.
I cant comment on mpg etc as yet as i've only covered 50 miles so far, but its definately better than stock.

Are these chips sorted now? I get the impression from earlier posts that there were some faulty ones (albeit in the process of being replaced by John.) Are the early 'freebie' ones the only ones affected, or do those sold on Ebay have problems? I've not seen any Ebay feedback on any sold.

I don't 'do' Facebook so I'm not able to follow the story on there.

I'm interested in buying one, but would like to be sure the problems have been fixed.
Does anyone on here have one that was paid for? If so, is it beneficial?

The latest chip is the final update. has corrected all deficiencies.. I wanted to make the perfect chip, as best possible and most complete.
So i bougth new tools, and most modern chips.
Withstand a wider temperature range and faster communication to ECU. So the stock type is EPROM 64K x 8 200ns 0- 70 C and the new one is EPROM 64K x 8 70ns -40 - +85 C.
The communication speed (old stock type) is 200 nanoseconds, and the new one needs 70 nanoseconds. So the new one has faster communication channel and the ECU read faster the maps when adapt to changes of the signals received from the sensors of the bike.
These sensors are the oil temp sensor, lambda sensor, air intake sensor, hall sensor, and signal of TPS for the throttle angle position. The faster adapt gives for more power more economy.

Summary the overall improvements are :

1. Faster ignition timing advance variable at all revs of rpms as needed at each postition of thrrotle and rpm, each condition (cold-warm engine) at any air density depending on the altitude. There are 22 improvement maps.

2. Improve AFR (the stock gives lean fuel).

3. Faster communication chip <=> ECU, faster adapt Signals <=> ECU.

4. Custom maded chip for each hardware setup (free air filer or de-cat free exhaust, or aftermarket camshafts or anything else. The injections maps for free air filter and de-cat exhaust are more richer..

In ebay (cause i m new seller) the feedbacks will begin to appear after completing 10. I can see all these :
Some feedback (i can see these) are :

gute verbindung, freundlich, gerne wieder ................ Member id : bermunchen(260)

arrived in short order and in good packaging - have not installed yet Member id prismridge(902)

Good product, good communication, fast shipment. Recommend this seller. Member id stramrud(36).

Good person to deal with A+ A+ A+ member id jnbzlin(307)

well packed! Fast Ship ! Member id andrisport(166)

reat Service, Thank You, Greetings from Canada Member id paris12main(665)

Many thank to all friends who try. I love this project "improvement maps of BMW R bikes", and i will begin new project to improve maps for K models of BMW bikes.

I've had a couple of chips fitted to 1150GSs over the years and whilst I did get a performance gain it suffered from poor fuel consumption.

Today, I set valves, throttles, TPS etc. and fitted one of John's chips.

Wow! What a difference, the bike started more immediately, it's smoother and much more power everywhere.
Accelerating into 3 figures in 5th gear, rolling the throttle a touch and putting it straight back on was addictive as the forks were almost topping out, it was like having a new bike!
Brilliant, thanks John.

I'll keep a check on fuel consumption and report back:beerjug:

Just back from testing

Attachments

• se.jpg
    se.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 2,382
I've had a couple of chips fitted to 1150GSs over the years and whilst I did get a performance gain it suffered from poor fuel consumption.

Today, I set valves, throttles, TPS etc. and fitted one of John's chips.

Wow! What a difference, the bike started more immediately, it's smoother and much more power everywhere.
Accelerating into 3 figures in 5th gear, rolling the throttle a touch and putting it straight back on was addictive as the forks were almost topping out, it was like having a new bike!
Brilliant, thanks John.

I'll keep a check on fuel consumption and report back:beerjug:

Just back from testing

Imagine how thrilled you'd be with one of those new fangled really powerful GSs :augie:green gri

What set up are you running Tim, de cat, standard exhaust, k&n?

Imagine how thrilled you'd be with one of those new fangled really powerful GSs :augie:green gri

What set up are you running Tim, de cat, standard exhaust, k&n?

Just a Y piece with everything set cock on, also on Johns advise linked 30 to 87 in the ccp even though I have no cat, I've tried k&n, Remus etc in the past.
It's on steroids now mate ..... You'd love it ;)

Just a Y piece with everything set cock on, also on Johns advise linked 30 to 87 in the ccp even though I have no cat, I've tried k&n, Remus etc in the past.
It's on steroids now mate ..... You'd love it ;)

Same set up as me, may be worth a punt :green gri

How would I be sure if theres cat in R1100GS? It has lambda and f**king heavy exhaust and it haven`t been opened.
Do they all have it?

That'll be on that private road you own then Timmo :D

I got my chip this morning. Fitted it. It not only works, it's works beyond my expectations.

Thankyou John! I'll report later. I'm off to co Galway!

Sent by SOB

Back
Top Bottom