JohnGS1100 Tuning Chip

I try to order many of these adapter by low cost, hope to get after few days. I let you know when i m ready :)

I've just ordered one primarily for the above reason. The surging I'm experiencing between 2-3k is unpleasant (particularly so two-up) and the chip'll be worth it for that alone: anything else will be a bonus.

I'll update this thread when it's arrived and fitted.

R

One word: FANTASTIC!!!!

It has transformed the bike: steadier tick-over on start-up, riding off I can immediately feel the difference, the power comes in smoothly, accelerates steadily - and just keeps on building and building... it feels like a bigger, smoother engine. From 60mph in 6th gear rolling on the throttle is just an utter pleasure, the speedo needle just goes round steadily and the power keeps on coming.

Only went out for a short test-ride but it was so enjoyable I did 80 miles and couldn’t fault a thing - except perhaps that there still feels a bit of surging between 2-3k but tbh it is a lot less noticeable and the other benefits far out-weigh that.

Thanks very much John, I can fully recommend your tuning chip. :thumb2

R

...........except perhaps that there still feels a bit of surging between 2-3k but tbh it is a lot less noticeable and the other benefits far out-weigh that.

Thanks very much John, I can fully recommend your tuning chip. :thumb2

R

Thank you Ralph.

Try CCP 30 87 87a, gives a little more richer fuell :thumb

The chip for R1150 has 3 sets of maps.

1. Standard fuel CCP 30 87
2. Little more rich fuel CCP 30 87 87a, this recommend for K/N air filter and de-cat exhaust, or larger tubes of RT-RS.
3. And without CCP, gives Little lean (but better AFR than stock maps), for economy.

Finally i have to tell, that the motronic make adapts day per day and after a week make the perfect maps for hardware setup bike ..

Thank you Ralph.

Try CCP 30 87 87a, gives a little more richer fuell :thumb

The chip for R1150 has 3 sets of maps.

1. Standard fuel CCP 30 87
2. Little more rich fuel CCP 30 87 87a, this recommend for K/N air filter and de-cat exhaust, or larger tubes of RT-RS.
3. And without CCP, gives Little lean (but better AFR than stock maps), for economy.

Finally i have to tell, that the motronic make adapts day per day and after a week make the perfect maps for hardware setup bike ..
OK John, I’ll run the bike a while longer to allow it to adapt itself first then I’ll see whether to try the 3-way link or not. But even if it were to stay as it is right now I‘m one happy bunny!

R

John,

I've contacted you on Facebook, but just in case you didn't get it - I have a R1150R-Rockster, it's never (to my knowledge) had a CCP fitted, and has run with both Remus Y-piece and can and OE catalyser with no can. TBH I can't tell any difference between these two setups. Otherwise the bike is stock (OE air filter, OE plugs, OE coil caps, OE manifolds inlet & exhaust, OE fuel filter etc).

A few things I can't quite pin down :
1) If I bought your chip - is that a 'generic' chip for all 1150 engines, or is it specifically flashed with settings for a particular bike?

2) Is there anything else that needs to be done to the bike after fitting the chip?

Send me a email please, my email is chipixel@hotmail.com. :)
Also you can send to me afriend (fb) request, to see the message.
Sorry for late i was on holiday.
Thanks

The R1150R has the same maps by R1150GS. No different. The mod chip (GS-R) works to R1150 by stock settings, the stock settings for R1150GS-R, is CCP 30 - 87 and TPS at 0,366Volt. For RT-RS the stock settings has a different, CCP must be on 30 87 87a.

Note that by no CCP and stock chip, the AFR is very lean.

The 87a pin is for large tubes
, (you can try it by stock chip) this setup gives more fuel at low revs of rpm - recommend for large tubes, but..

If you fit large tubes to R1150 rockster Is better to change the chip (ALL maps), and must use a mod improve chip based on RT-RS maps, then you can change the CCP from yellow (30 87) to pink-red (30 87 87a.) and will have better consumption.

So by all these (mod chip + large tubes + K/N air filter + your remus exhaust) you will have much more torque and power at high rpm (no lose the torque at very lower rpm) by much better consumption, better than stock..

I cant speak highly enough of Johns chip that i have fitted to my single spark r1150gs. It really does make the bike feel so much better, smoother, quicker acceleration, better mpg and no more surging. Definately an A+++ from me.

I could say just same words about my chip tuned 1100gs. Thanks John!

I'm obviously thick

For the life of me cannot work out how to buy John's chip for my 1100!

Someone care to point this out in words no bigger than 3 syllables please... and not 'it's in the thread' :D

TIA :aidan

Oh the peer pressure is getting at me.......
I don't need it but I sure want it, I am curious......

Oh the peer pressure is getting at me.......
I don't need it but I sure want it, I am curious......

When it's fitted you'll say you needed it. Apart from a few dead eeproms, the reviews are universally good - with no 'downside'. The word 'transformed' is used too often but it's the only way I can describe my bike. People I ride with - on their sports bikes - say " Your GS never used to go like that!" Aside from that though, it runs more smoothly when just pottering along at 50-60 across the moors.

These chips sound amazing, but the phrase "too good to be true" springs to mind.

Why didn't BMW make em like this to start with!??? :nenau

Back
Top Bottom