JohnGS1100 Tuning Chip

So, are you saying that the bike/Motronic 'teaches/learns' itself that there's something 'new' onboard? A bit like a Jaguar gearbox, learns your driving style etc etc.
Mine is all done, but, being a fair-weather wuss she won't be out on the tarmac this side of Easter.......maybe sooner!:)

Go back in this thread and have a look, especially rogert04rt's posts. He contends that the Motronic will work it's way back to settings that give BMW approved lambda readings if you monkey with the chip or use a temperature spoofer like a booster plug . John Gemi disputes this. I don't believe that non lambda bikes like mine that operate open loop all the time learn anything though.

Sometimes you just have to try something... UK 1100s bar S are all open loop so learn nowt and are told... 1150s with a lambda are supposed to learn but mine has improved over 2_3 k miles... Suck it nb see time... Still safer than buying an LC...😁😂😂

First opportunity to run out with my John Gemi chip (Stage 9?). Obviously any horespower gain isn't that noticable - it's a 500 lb bike making 80bhp, be realistic, people - but I soon noticed that the bike felt like it had been set up very carefully by someone who really knew what they were doing. Just super pleasant fuelling and I would say a deal more 'flexible' in the midrange.

As it stands I would recommend this mod, at least for a non cat bike.

Very weird that.......I too took mine out for the first time this year for more than a 'round the block blast' yesterday. Only a 30 mile round trip, but the sun was out, she purred like a spoilt cat. She was smooth beforehand and she's just as smooth now and she did feel like a well set up machine.
Would I recommend one of John's chips? Yep, I would, it may have the placebo effect but I am well pleased with how she runs before & after. Just nice being out on two wheels :)

If anyone is interested I have a pair of John’s stage 11 chips for an 1150 twin spark with y piece and end can (standard air filter). I bought them off John for fitting to both my bikes last year but didn’t fit them because I fitted the y piece first and rode it but I didn’t like the extra noise, so I took the y piece off and didn’t bother fitting the chips. If anyone is interested in a chip and/or y piece drop me a pm

I was wondering if anyone could tell me why, after installing Lennies Rocket Sprockets, I supposedly need a new chip from John. What could the major negative side effect be to leave his old chip in?

I was wondering if anyone could tell me why, after installing Lennies Rocket Sprockets, I supposedly need a new chip from John. What could the major negative side effect be to leave his old chip in?
You do not need a new chip from John but do you want one?
I did Lennies sprockets and all was well with the world but then I read about John’s chips and decided to try it. I cannot remember what spec I went with as apart from Rocket Sprockets my bike was standard issue early 1150GS. The chip does make a difference to how the bike performs but don’t ask me how or what and the chip is easy to install. I have since gone on to fit 1200 injectors and at the least they are a set of refurbed matched injectors with some say a better spray pattern compared to my 20 year old original set. No need to install them but a better price than getting my originals refurbed.

I have a chip from John, somewhere. Thing is: its for a stock 1100GS and according to him, it will be very damaging to use with the sprockets. I miserably fail to understand why that is, so I was hoping that someone could shed some light on it.

John does a specific chip to compliment the sprockets, as I recall from discussions with him the sprockets alone boost the bottom end and make it smoother but make the motor run lean at higher revs.

I forget the exact details but it was along the lines of the sprocket specific chip did something with the timing and filled in the top end fuelling issue. It was certainly a much improved bike with the chip and sprockets fitted.

Just a quick update about John's ECU chips
Plenty has been said about the benefits of using these chips, primarily in Oilheads.

I wanted one for my R850R

I contacted John at this email address:
chipixel@hotmail.com

I gave him details of the bike and use:
Year, exhaust system, air intake arrangements, type of fuel (E10), standard cam sprockets, road use etc

Mentioned UKGSer for the discount

Sent the money by PayPal

Chip arrived a week later

Stage 15 John Gemi chip fitted today.
What a difference it's made to my 60,000 mile r1100GS.
Highly recommended doing this.

Back
Top Bottom