JohnGS1100 Tuning Chip

uncle dick

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just a brief update on the chip. I contacted John via fb and the chip (two actually) arrived in about 10 days. Initial reactions are that it's excellent. I had a good blast at the weekend across Dartmoor, up to the North Devon coast then back via Exmoor & Tiverton direction. The bike runs more smoothly which means that I don't drop a gear as often to take a bend - and it pulls like a train right through the rev range. Roll-on overtakes are noticeably better as well. As far as the engine - and various reliability concerns on here - it feels less strained than it did before and I think tends to run slightly cooler.

An added bonus is fuel consumption. I don't do a regular commute so it's hard to be scientific but I'd covered 193 miles when I got home an the fuel gauge was on 3 bars - flickering to 2 occasionally. I've ridden locally since and I've still got a steady 2 bars at 210 miles. That's about 20 miles more than I'm used to - at least. I'm off camping with all the gear in a couple of weeks so I'll check again then.

Bike details - for info, nothing other than the chip was changed for the above test.
'96 R1100GS with 103000 mls on the clock. Throttle linkage converted to later twin cable set-up, throttle pot at 385mV, NGK iridium plugs, Q8 10/50 synthetic. Bike has a top box and I weigh in at 95kg.

To conclude: Although I got mine free, I'd say this mod is an absolute bargain for the £59 being asked on eBay. I'd also add that I've done engine diagnostics for a living since 1987. I am trained by Bosch amongst many others, so I do know when an engine is running properly.

Thanks John :beerjug:

Chip

Any details please:
Where did you get the chip, what's it called, how do you fit etc....
Many thanks.

Excellent endorsement - good to hear of the tunings guys out there that you can trust.

I did read a thread on here about these on 1150gs but I didn't hear any other feedback from the users. Sounds good, especially for the cost. I would be interested to see how the chip performs on my GS after it's next service. The guy seemed to have a large following on ADV rider forum also.
Any feedback from other users....

Many thanks to friend who try a chip for R1100GS. (Thank you Richard). i will send you an update soon, next week i try to read the bin file from R1100RTP (police), i believe that in this chip file from "P" ECU there are many maps for better and smooth engine function, like idlle speed map, maps for better combustion when the motor is very hot and more.. The ECU and chip from RTP is similar to RT,R and GS.

I want to say about feedback on ebay, these are not appears because i 'm new seller in ebay.
The selling feedback appears after 5-10 positive feedback , this is the ebay policy of selling for new seller.
And after 3 months i will have full rights in ebay.

At my facebook there are many results for R BMW models, user's comments, dyno and more.. and at the next month, i try to make chips for "K" BMW models (K1100-1200 GT-LT).

..keep TUNING :beerjug:

bmw-k-1200-gt-06.jpg

I did read a thread on here about these on 1150gs but I didn't hear any other feedback from the users. Sounds good, especially for the cost. I would be interested to see how the chip performs on my GS after it's next service. The guy seemed to have a large following on ADV rider forum also.
Any feedback from other users....

You can read about, I have made ​​improvements on maps for all R and F BMW models.
But sorry, at this time is stll in greece language, you can use google translate and read for many days :aidan

These are the links note that for read you must be member, For gsforum.gr (is closed) you can enter by using my account..
User name: JOHNGS1100
password: SALONIKA

1200GS
http://www.gsforum.gr/showthread.php?t=41972&highlight=Προγραμματισμος

http://www.gsforum.gr/showthread.php?t=39698&highlight=Προγραμματισμος

F800GS
http://www.gsforum.gr/showthread.php?t=44706

1100 GS
http://www.gsforum.gr/showthread.php?t=34095

and for remaping 1150gs
http://www.bmwbikers.org/forum/showthread.php?t=27857

Mine arrived this morning John....many thanks :thumb2

I've got mega child and dog sitting duties for the next few days while Rosie is away looking after her post-replacement knee op sister, but next week I'll get down to fitting it and will take pics of the process as promised......and I'll take some video of pre-chip idle running and post-chip instalment running as well :thumb2

I could be interested John as my bike will have a decat Y piece ,Remus exhaust and K&N FILTER so a good deresticted bike can you pm me your details as I can't seem to send you a pm ??

Hi John,

I have read this thread about your tuning chips. I am in the UK and have a 1999 R1100GS with everything standard (airfilter, exhaust, etc.). The bike does not have a catalytic converter. Can you advise how I can purchase one of your chips for my bike? Tried to look on ebay but could not seem to find you.

Thanks, Nick

GS tuning chip

Hi John Antony,
Mine also arrived this morning, many thanks for a fast response and speedy delivery,
Outstanding , five days from when you posted it.

Very best regards Alan. :thumb

Today i finished a perfect chip for R1100GS. I make fine tuning to all improvement maps for best economy by full power, for free air filter and stock or free exhaust.
Works better at high rpm by RT air tubes, at dyno show 94 Hp at 7.450 rpm. The torque begin from 1.200 rpm, by 4 gear can drive at very low rpm and can open the throttle without problem.
So I want say to friends who have taken chip, that if wants I can send the latest upgrade. As i said, must send friend request to fb..

John Antony. GS Chip.

After contacting John via FB, He sent me two chips, totally free of charge, he has now posted me his latest fine tuned chip to try in my 2003 1150gs.
After trying various after market changes ie Remus Y piece and End Can, K&N air filter, Steptoes CCP mod, my bike still has the dreaded surge.
So now eagerly awaiting Johns latest Chip. Test report to follow.. :thumb2

R1150GS chip

Hi John,

I wouldn't mind testing one of those chips for you in Australian conditions.

I ride a 2000, R1150GS with a 'Y' piece and standard OEM muffler.

Regards,
Pablo Michelin

Hello friends. Just today i was send to all (who try the chip) an updated chip. At The post office after seeing 20 letters, the official girl sighed deeply :doh

I answer ... to her .. : :arselick: LoL

The updated chip has fine tuning and it is the final chip. More power, more economy.. almost perfect function !

Hope to all my friends to enjoy :) !

Many thank to all.

............................................ next week i try to read the bin file from R1100RTP (police), i believe that in this chip file from "P" ECU there are many maps for better and smooth engine function, like idlle speed map, maps for better combustion when the motor is very hot and more.. The ECU and chip from RTP is similar to RT,R and GS..................................

Finally, i take today the R1100 RTP ECU, from America. The bin file in stock chip, is exactly the same file like all R 1100 RT..
Little diferent between ECU, the RTP has better thermal insulation and waterproofing, that's all. All other (hardware & function) are the same.

I write to the forum just for knowable, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom