Versys 1000

Well the bike arrived on the 24th and all I can say is wow what a super smooth quick comfi and decent handling bike set to work straight away with the farkles that had been delivered whilst waiting
1000 miles in and it just gets better
cruises at silly speed silky smooth and handles a treat,
Heres a pic of it

nice alternative to an XR - cheaper and better looking :thumb2

I've done 4300 on mine now and love it, just been down France and around Northern Spain on it and it was the bike all my mates wanted to ride after we swapped and tried each others ?

nice alternative to an XR - cheaper and better looking :thumb2

Deffo maybe not as fast but id rather have comfort than speed well 99% of the time anyway this will still do 140 and out accelerate a GSLC no problem so haw fast do you need ?
was put off the XR when I phoned the local dealer and said I wanted one he said "don't we all" and laughed then continued we haven't even seen one yet' don't hold your breath, not the sort of answer I was expecting after buying 5 brand new BMWs from him in the last 5 years !!
so I opted out of the marque and have to say im happy about the choice and very happy with the bike especially the silky smooth engine and gearbox something you don't get anymore with BMW, I've still got my Mint 5k miler 1150 GS ADV SE wouldn't sell that so still in the gang but riding a Kwacker at the moment lol

Silverman good to know your enjoying the bike mate, off for a 500 mile jaunt next weekend with the Mrs on the back and I just know the bike will be fine, another thing ive got with Kawasaki, confidence !!

I've still got my Mint 5k miler 1150 GS ADV SE wouldn't sell that so still in the gang /QUOTE]

Rob -- As your inbox is full, and the original thread is closed, I've resorted to this means of letting you know that the toolkit has arrived, safe & sound.

Thanks, and all the best, Jim.

Ps - apologies for the thread hijack, (just pretend I was never here!).

I've still got my Mint 5k miler 1150 GS ADV SE wouldn't sell that so still in the gang /QUOTE]

Rob -- As your inbox is full, and the original thread is closed, I've resorted to this means of letting you know that the toolkit has arrived, safe & sound.

Thanks, and all the best, Jim.

Ps - apologies for the thread hijack, (just pretend I was never here!).

Cheers for letting me know in box now empty :thumb

I'm considering getting a 2016 Versys 1000 in the fastest COLOUR !!!.
None of the other new bikes appeal,and I really don't want a bike festooned with rider aids.
I still quite fancy a KTM 1290 SA even if it didn't grab me on first ride,but now I'm living back in Guernsey I really won't get away as much as I would like and I really can't see the point in spending an extra £6k over a Versys.

I'm keeping my KTM 950 Super Enduro of course so an inline 4 would be a nice change.I don't like big panniers and already have a Givi Trekker 46 litre top box on the KTM plus numerous Ortlieb roll bags so I would literally get the standard bike and add the hand guards,heated grips,gear indicator and probably Akra, then get the Givi plate to take my Trekker.

I can't get a test ride as my local dealer doesn't have a demo (small dealer) but my only real concern is seat height/comfort over longer distances.
I'm 6'1".What's the riding position like in regard to knee bend,screen buffeting etc ?

Ta

I'm considering getting a 2016 Versys 1000 in the fastest COLOUR !!!.
None of the other new bikes appeal,and I really don't want a bike festooned with rider aids.
I still quite fancy a KTM 1290 SA even if it didn't grab me on first ride,but now I'm living back in Guernsey I really won't get away as much as I would like and I really can't see the point in spending an extra £6k over a Versys.

I'm keeping my KTM 950 Super Enduro of course so an inline 4 would be a nice change.I don't like big panniers and already have a Givi Trekker 46 litre top box on the KTM plus numerous Ortlieb roll bags so I would literally get the standard bike and add the hand guards,heated grips,gear indicator and probably Akra, then get the Givi plate to take my Trekker.

I can't get a test ride as my local dealer doesn't have a demo (small dealer) but my only real concern is seat height/comfort over longer distances.
I'm 6'1".What's the riding position like in regard to knee bend,screen buffeting etc ?

Ta

Im not as tall as you Arsey but the riding position is fine for me, buffeting was cured 99% by fitting the adjustable flip from a MRA vario screen that Ive had since my Tiger Explorer not in the above pic but can post if anyone's interested, apart from that you really couldn't be disappointed with this bike have a look here

http://www.versys1000.com/index.php?action=forum

Great site same as here very informative but without the complaints about the bikes LOL

Im not as tall as you Arsey but the riding position is fine for me, buffeting was cured 99% by fitting the adjustable flip from a MRA vario screen that Ive had since my Tiger Explorer not in the above pic but can post if anyone's interested, apart from that you really couldn't be disappointed with this bike have a look here

http://www.versys1000.com/index.php?action=forum

Great site same as here very informative but without the complaints about the bikes LOL

Thanks.

Got some good info on there.I'm tempted

Did some more bits to mine last weekend new can levers foot pegs etc etc

Attachments

• 20151003_084408_small.jpg
    20151003_084408_small.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 565
The bullet has been bitten.2016 bike arriving in a week or so with a few tasteful extras !!

LOL youll love it mate, what tasteful mods have you had or are you fitting ??
Cant wait to hear your thoughts after a week or 2 riding the beastie :thumb

I hope that the "tasteful" extras don't include a butt ugly coffin glued on the back like Adventure Boy's bike. Without it that is a decent looking machine, with it :barf

LOL youll love it mate, what tasteful mods have you had or are you fitting ??
Cant wait to hear your thoughts after a week or 2 riding the beastie :thumb

I hope that the "tasteful" extras don't include a butt ugly coffin glued on the back like Adventure Boy's bike. Without it that is a decent looking machine, with it :barf

Akra
DC socket
Gear indicator
Frame sliders
Hand guards
Tall screen
GPS bracket.

Oxford heated grips,as I've heard the Kawa ones are shite ??

And I'll order a Givi Monokey plate from here so I can slot my Trekker 46l box on top.

Don't want panniers or any fog lights or other shite at the mo.

And obviously I'm getting the fastest colour !!

Akra
DC socket
Gear indicator
Frame sliders
Hand guards
Tall screen
GPS bracket.

Oxford heated grips,as I've heard the Kawa ones are shite ??

And I'll order a Givi Monokey plate from here so I can slot my Trekker 46l box on top.

Don't want panniers or any fog lights or other shite at the mo.

And obviously I'm getting the fastest colour !!

Ahaa another white one sold then I see lol

good list of extras. please let me know what you think of it when you get it

Packer that butt ugly coffin stuck on the back is a H+B Gobi top box commonly known as the best top box in the world and considerably smaller than the one Arsey is going to fit on his must admit looking at the above pic it does look fekking huuuuuge LOL :bounce1

Ahaa another white one sold then I see lol

good list of extras. please let me know what you think of it when you get it

Packer that butt ugly coffin stuck on the back is a H+B Gobi top box commonly known as the best top box in the world and considerably smaller than the one Arsey is going to fit on his must admit looking at the above pic it does look fekking huuuuuge LOL :bounce1

Assuming I can find the right Givi plate,as the one listed (SR4105) seems to be for the old model and not the 2015 onwards.....

They are the same mate I've got one off the version 1 bike fits perfect as do the screens and exhausts

Back
Top Bottom