Versys 1000

Thanks I thought that would be the case,why BMW don't wake up and do the same is beyond me!

For that money I've no doubt it's a great bargain, but sorry, even after reading through this whole thread again and looking at the pics, I still couldn't tell you what one looks like apart from being a generic Jap looking tall bike with sports style 'eyes' for headlamps, too much plastic and zero charisma :(

Shame really.....if they'd put a little more fizz into the 'feel' of the bike but kept the price tag, it would be a desirable thing, but as it stands, it's just not something I'd ever be proud to own.

For that money I've no doubt it's a great bargain, but sorry, even after reading through this whole thread again and looking at the pics, I still couldn't tell you what one looks like apart from being a generic Jap looking tall bike with sports style 'eyes' for headlamps, too much plastic and zero charisma :(

Shame really.....if they'd put a little more fizz into the 'feel' of the bike but kept the price tag, it would be a desirable thing, but as it stands, it's just not something I'd ever be proud to own.

Having seen your extremely dubious taste in all things automotive over the years it's reassuring to know that you don't get it !!
As for the feel of the bike,I think most people only get the 'feel' for a bike once they've actually ridden the thing rather than just look at a few pictures and then cast their narrow-minded opinion.
Riding the Versys for the first time was a bit of a revelation for me-I knew it would be pretty good but it some how feels more than the sum of it's parts.It's not trying to be something it's not and the motor is like a turbine with more shove than and GS.It's not festooned with ridiculous rider aids like keyless ignition and other bollox to go wrong (then again it's Jap,so they would probably get it right if they went in for such point-scoring shite).Nope-simply abs and three levels of traction control,two power modes and that's all you need.
It's a bike made for riding further than tesco and I can see many doing many trips on mine.

The engine is for me one of the best bits. I came to mine via CX500, GPz750s, FJ1200s, many Africa Twins and a Varadero and it beats them all hands down for useablity, it pulls in any gear yet also flies as madly as a very mad thing when you need to get a move on.

On my test ride, on the slightly more ugly than my ugly current version, I was coming up to mini roundabouts thinking I was in 1st or 2nd gear and finding I was actually in 3rd or 4th. Up till that point I always wondered why anyone in his right mind would need a gear indicator. It's also been the most stable bike at speed with luggage on that I've owned. It's even buying its own tyres with the petrol money I'm saving on my daily commute compared to my Varadero which I ran daily for 5 years.

Very interesting evaluation of the Versys1000 in April's edition of bike magazine, summed up by the comment that "The only thing 'budget' about the Versys is the price."

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Well I just traded mine in for the Africa Twin and albeit ive not ridden the AT and cant till the 1st of March, if I do and its not all its hyped up to Ill be trading it for another Versys straight away
I know its all down to personal taste but I think they are a cracking bike and as ive allways said for me everything the GS isn't

Very interesting evaluation of the Versys1000 in April's edition of bike magazine, summed up by the comment that "The only thing 'budget' about the Versys is the price."

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Well I just traded mine in for the Africa Twin and albeit ive not ridden the AT and cant till the 1st of March, if I do and its not all its hyped up to Ill be trading it for another Versys straight away
I know its all down to personal taste but I think they are a cracking bike and as ive allways said for me everything the GS isn't

And I should be collecting my Africa Twin on Saturday but I'm keeping my Versys as it's just too good to part with !! Great great bikes.Does all a GS can at a fraction of the price and with a better build quality.

Back
Top Bottom