Road rides on the Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fairly sure there have been some good road rides at previous Hograosts, you may get some pointers or at least identify others who have led past rides by searching old ride reports from older hograosts.

I will see if I can get down to join your ride Nutty.:clap

I don't have a problem leading a ride out, JB.:thumb But if I do, maybe some more familiar roads would be the better idea.:rob

If people want to go to the New Forest, then we need someone that knows the roads, if no one is fussed where we go, I'll sort a ride on some roads that I know.:thumb

So, on that note, who's in?

I'm def in Rich; and also agree with you....my local knowledge down in Hants is poor, but more than happy to go with the flow......:D

+1 I'm in :thumby: you guys might have to wait for me though.
I have good local knowledge, What's the destination then?

I'll gladly shout out some road numbers for the squadron leader to punch into his twatnav

Here's a 120 miler, maybe needs a bit of work in the bottom right corner, with a bit more in the New Forest, around Lyndhurst and Beaulieu

Something to knock about:thumby:

Took me 10 mins on Mapsource and I don't even live there:D

Attachments

• HRaost 1.gdb
    79.6 KB · Views: 164
Here's a 120 miler, maybe needs a bit of work in the bottom right corner, with a bit more in the New Forest, around Lyndhurst and Beaulieu

Job jobbed. Well done Jonny.

if you want to go to the coast, that's my part of the world. know nuffink much about andover though.

Thanks JB, but if I'm leading, it'll be on roads that I know well.:thumb

Maybe across to Goodwood, taking in some Hampshire and West Sussex roads.

Thanks JB, but if I'm leading, it'll be on roads that I know well.:thumb

Why?

You ride an adventure bike - make it an Adventure :)

Put that route in the SatNav and just follow the arrows/directions

Hard?

You won't be going over 60, so plenty to time to follow the route :)

Where's the fun in doing roads you know ?

The New Forest, Beaulieu or Sammy Miller's (once was enough.....) on a warm weekend? Thanks but no thanks ;)

The New Forest, Beaulieu or Sammy Miller's (once was enough.....) on a warm weekend? Thanks but no thanks ;)

You'll be in the T5, just turn up the aircon:D

That's the trouble with the South....................not enough decent roads and countryside and too many folks, driving like knobs

That's the trouble with the South....................not enough decent roads and countryside and too many folks, driving like knobs

:blagblah

The opening post was a request for local folk to give guidance on "good" roads/routes...this was offered and ignored

:blagblah

tbh I wouldn't live anywhere else.

We all say that about where we live:thumb

Personally I love the wide open and more desolate places to ride my bike, in the Dales, North Yorks Moors and North Pennines/Scottish Borders

Far from the madding crowds for me:cool:

Everytime I travel South, to wherever.........................I cannot believe how crowded and how many people there are:augie

We all say that about where we live:thumb

Personally I love the wide open and more desolate places to ride my bike, in the Dales, North Yorks Moors and North Pennines/Scottish Borders

Far from the madding crowds for me:cool:

Everytime I travel South, to wherever.........................I cannot believe how crowded and how many people there are:augie

See my edit:

The opening post was a request for local folk to give guidance on "good" roads/routes...this was offered and ignored

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom