R100 disc brake conversion with standard para swingarm (not 1100 or 1150).

Timpo

North Wales TRF
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm looking for info about fitting a rear disc to my R100GS.
I've heard that using parts from K-series bikes, a disc brake arrangement can be installed.
I am aware that an offset wheel may be required.
Has any UKGSer got a bike with this type of conversion on it?
1100 or 1150 rear swingarm conversions are not of interest.
Timpo.

You can fit the inner cover from an 850/1100 bevel box to give you the calliper mount. An 1100/1150 disc will fit to the bevel box apparently I'm not sure how the wheel fits with the disc in place. I started to do the same mod. Got as far as fitting the 1109 inner cover and that was it.

cookie posted pictures years ago of a para with the mod.

You can fit the inner cover from an 850/1100 bevel box to give you the calliper mount. An 1100/1150 disc will fit to the bevel box apparently I'm not sure how the wheel fits with the disc in place. I started to do the same mod. Got as far as fitting the 1109 inner cover and that was it.

cookie posted pictures years ago of a para with the mod.

I have a para fd unit here with an inner cover from a K-series fitted to it.
I need a caliper and disc now to mount, either a straight disc-to-hub or a disc-to-discmount plate, which I also have here, but I am unsure of the best path to take at this point?
Also, I need to find a wheel hub suitable for only a disc brake application, R1100 maybe?
No rush or pressure as I have two spare para GS swingarm assemblies to play with, and my bumblebee has it's own swingarm here too so the bike is still complete and useable, the gearbox is out as it's just had an overhaul.
I would like to have the disc assembly fitted for this year's Rallye Jojo, so if anyone has further information to assist, that would be much appreciated....

Timpo pm me a contact number and I'll see if a guy from cork has his info to hand for you
I think its a K100 16v final drive fitted to a GS paralever with a 20mm offset built onto the rim

I have a para fd unit here with an inner cover from a K-series fitted to it.

You'll need the big, square caliper to suit it rather than the 1100/1150 one. I think theres a clearance issue with the K caliper but I'm not too sure.

I was going to try and mount the disc to the FD rather than the Hub.

This is the picture Cookie posted

airheadrearbrake.jpg

Question

hi friends, is my first message so please excuse me if I brake any of the forum rules. I have one question about the R100gs rear disk brake modification.

If someone want to make this modification to his R100gs has to replace :

1. inner housing cover of the final drive.
2. Rear wheel
3. wheel hub rear

and to place :

1. brake disk
2. brake caliper
3. and all brake system (pedals, cylinder, etc etc)

Many thanks in advance,
Charalampos

Back
Top Bottom