Kawasaki GTR1400 2010 onwards

polecat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone got one? What are they like ?

Nobody got one, ridden one, knows somebody who's got one, seen one? :nenau

Had a few goes on one, liked the size of the panniers, seat was comfy enough, lots of info on the dashboard, absolutely BALLISTIC motor.
Downsides, too wide in traffic, handling OK but its a heavy bike so nowhere near as nimble as a GS or RT.

Had a few goes on one, liked the size of the panniers, seat was comfy enough, lots of info on the dashboard, absolutely BALLISTIC motor.
Downsides, too wide in traffic, handling OK but its a heavy bike so nowhere near as nimble as a GS or RT.

Cheers Watty :thumb2

I've got one!

Cheers Watty :thumb2

I have one in black on an 08 plate, came with bar risers and a pipe, and larger screen! It is fast, rozzer fast as i found out one night!
Done a few R1s to there surprise as well!

My only gripe is the tank is to small 22/24ltr, but I had an adv before hand, I use it for commuting to central London every day!
It is wide but you get used to it mirrors are good, but it eats brake pads quickly, there is a Gtr forum on the net as well UK based!
Mine might be up for sale shortly, need to decide on my next move job, and life's path!

M

I've got one, had it since March 2010. Being swapped for a 2015 GSA. Call it my fat boys ninja. They advertise it as a continent crosser which you can certainly do. Will cruise at speeds above legal all day. A heavy bike but I think reasonably nimble for its size. Great for two up touring. larger screen for my 6ft 4 frame, a remus hexacone and it did have a Corbin seat for me and her. Only reason for change is I just fancied something different.

I have an 09 one. Take the secondary butterflies out and it is transformed. Very sensitive to tyre choice and wear but otherwise a fantastic bike. I've just come back from a trip to the Alps on it and can't think of anything else better to go on. 200 miles to the fuel warning light, pegs down, all day comfort, excellent luggage. Yes, it's heavy but once past walking pace you don't feel it. Electric screen is very good, as are the brakes. Mine has a Remus pipe and a Power Commander which are nice add ons. It's ok in traffic, if the mirrors go through the gap everything else does! Feels very well made and I can't imagine changing it for anything else.

I had my Gtr brand new out the box for 2 years and it was brilliant ... And I would still have it today if a mate of mine at work hadn't gone away on holiday, left me the keys to his Gs and told me to " keep it ticking over " for him !
Obviously very different to my triple black but wow what a bike .. Loved it for everything it was ....super fast, turbine smooth with a massive well of power that was beyond my abilities ... 8 days in France, Scotland ... Panniers and top box stuffed, no problems at all .... Get one and find out for yourself.:thumb

Back
Top Bottom