Iphone 4s + Autocom Logic + TT Rider 1 = issues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

essexbloke

Reaction score
Hi all,

Really need some help!

Have got a 2008 GSA, with Autocom Logic (inc BT module), TomTom Rider 1 and an IPhone 4s and am having problems connecting and using all 3 in parallel.

I can connect and listen to music via the phone through an aux in cable.

The phone also links via BT to the TomTom, and the Autocom BT module, but when trying to take/make calls, the phone keeps defaulting to the TomTom headset, rather than the Autocom BT set, and I can't hear anything. I can manually switch the phone audio back to the Autocom setting and it works fine, but that's not an option whilst riding! (I can't be tapping the screen whilst riding)

If I switch off the TomTom headset, it won't allow me to use voice functions, so can anyone help? How can/do I set the phone to only use the Autocom BT module?

In addition, I've been given a "hella" plug to power the TomTom - is there a 12v plug fitted to my bike to take this lead & if so where is it likely to be?

Many thanks

Standard advice for linking devices together is to start by daisy chaining them together EXACTLY as described in the instructions. Most bods don't, they set about doing it in any way they think it should work; then wonder why it doesn't.

The auxiliary power sockets are described in the owners handbook that came with your motorcycle. Didn't get one or lost it? Never mind, download one.

PS When I read threads like this I am glad I have no desire for all this voice stuff, phones etc.

Err thanks Wapping (i think)

As a newbie here, that reads a little like "go RTFM", which is all very well if you have them all - but bearing in mind i'd be needing manuals for the following items:

The bike (ok so I have this)
iPhone (& this)
TomTomRider unit (nope)
TomTom BT Headset (nope)
Autocom Logic Unit (nope)
Autocom BT Module (Downloaded from Autocom, but makes no mention of syncing with TT)

And - all but the phone, came 2nd hand along with the bike -it's a little more difficult, hence thinking someone on here may have experience is setting these up & could help?

here's hoping :thumb

There's a thread somewhere with a bloke daisy chaining umpteen things together, along with a drawing.

A bit of a trawl and / or a search of some of the keywords will tun it up. Last three months I would guess.

Not sure this is going to help you, as my setup is slightly different in that I have a TomTom400 SatNAv, iPhone 6 and Autocom Pro Logic mounted on a Tiger 800. My sequence for connections is thus: connect TT to Autocom BT Module first; then connect TT unit to iPhone. When call comes in, call is routed to TT via Bluetooth, from TT to Autocom control unit, again via Bluetooth, and then via hardwire, from Autocom control unit to headset. On the TT400, you answer the call by pressing an onscreen button on the SatNav. Although they can be a bit 'thorough' I have found TomTom support to be very helpful if you persist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom