Peace returns to Rural Staffordshire

Bill-H

Di-di-dah-dit di-di-dah
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Threats of a Court Order and a liberal spraying of pig muck on to the top field saw the final removal of the dregs of humanity left over from the mayhem which was the weekend. My poor dogs have been booked in for their first session of councelling and I've managed to stop shaking.

I enjoyed 99.63% of the weekend and although the weather on Saturday stopped full enjoyment for the ride-outs, the feedback on this site tells me that the weekend worked out well. There were a lot of people in the background contributing their time and knowledge. Att brought the large gazebo, his wit and a box of matches, Stan gave her afternoon up to help with buffet assembly in between bouts of laying down for a sleep, Ash acted as marshelling steward for the inebriate and generally kept the unruly in line, Proff provided many litres of evil cider and many more brought along a bottle to add to Cocktail Baaa and I'm told there was quite a rush when Packer whipped out his Tosser's Tipple. Chris Abrasion bought along a few litres of his local cider to share out, Andrewgsadv, MickDB1and Flipfly gave their time and local knowledge to working out routes for the ride-outs.
Food worked out well I feel, enough curry, rice and naans to go round, all prepared by Sycomoto's partner Surree at their Thai restaurant near Telford - The King and Thai.
Saturday's buffet also went round despite my fears from the never-ending queue to the table. A local butcher did us proud with the cooked meats he prepared for us. I'm saddened that some salad was left over, but I blame myself for putting out two dishes.
Humbug's vegetable stir-fry went down very well again on both nights this year and for that we should thank him.
Cocktail Baaa was conceived as an amusement some months ago, and just grew as I stumbled across more and more Sheep related items and pictures ,it seemed to achieve it's purpose and I got a great deal of pleasure from seeing it being used for it's designed purpose, it will all be packed away into boxes perhaps to see the light of day at some future date.
Thank you all for coming, many for the second year, and I hope you all arrived home safely, it was especially good to see the faces of people who've been a bit quiet on the site for a while.

The site was left very clean and tidy thanks to people respecting the land and toad's lad Morgan quartering the fields for rubbish :thumb2

Bill, Jake and Crumpet

It was a thoroughly enjoyable weekend; even the rain couldn't dampen anyone's spirit & enjoyment.....:clap:clap

:bow:bow:bow

Twas a most excellent weekend.

If you do ever hold another one though, could you charge more so I don't feel so guilty about it? :D

Thanks again Bill, it was an excellent weekend.
Thanks also to all the others who helped out and made it what it was.

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Many thanks to everyone mentioned who helped the weekend run so smoothly.

And Harvey Wallbanger, plus his mate strawberry daktari (yes, that is correct, daktari)........

Thank you to everyone involved in making such a brilliant weekend! I'll definitely be at the next one, when is it? :beerjug:

Bill, always a pleasure to help out if only in a very small way.

Thanks for rekindling my faith in humanity.

There are more good uns out there than bad uns.

Becks has finally cracked our internet issue (Thanks Ferrol!!)

Now we can say the BIGGEST THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU in the world. We had a brilliant time yet again and can only repeat last year's sentiments - Bill you are an absolute star, and Crumpet 'n' Jake too! SUPERB:) Loved it all and the Baaaa was inspirational (must buy the book now). Even a little drop of rain couldn't spoil the fun.

Thanks to all who contributed, Flipfly - your ride out definitely created some damp patches! Dried out on the way home - 'til 3 miles out and the heavens opened - soaked again:rolleyes:

Hope we see you soon.

Did & Becky and Rich too

Becky: What a way to spend a birthday for the second year in a row:101 Cocktails and Dreams! What on earth am I going to do next year??????

Becky: What a way to spend a birthday for the second year in a row:101 Cocktails and Dreams! What on earth am I going to do next year??????

Would that be the Becky who

1) helped me find a flattish site for my tent

2) helped me put the thing up when I admitted I couldn't remember how it worked

and

3) took charge of the drunk Sid and managed to stop Ann from killing him when we got him back to his wobblybox?

If that's you and I meet you again, I think I might owe you a drink... :D

took charge of the drunk Sid and managed to stop Ann from killing him when we got him back to his wobblybox?

I owe a big debt to Becky as well. I remember her trying to keep me alive when all I wanted was to be allowed to die.

1) helped me find a flattish site for my tent

2) helped me put the thing up when I admitted I couldn't remember how it worked

and

3) took charge of the drunk Sid and managed to stop Ann from killing him when we got him back to his wobblybox?

It is!!!! and she will hold you that:beerjug:

Well the bugger has evicted me at last, We're back in Devon now with 2 new tyres, a very knackered body and a fantastic amount of good memories... Cheers Bill, it was EPIC !!!

Back
Top Bottom