What am I missing.

thor1340

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am trying to type a postcode into my newly purchased 600.

It comes up with message no results found try adjusting search parameters.

Works of I use my Zumo, what am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
They all do that, its part of the charm.

I recall standing in a village in France looking at the name sign and my Zumo being utterly unable to find the village.

My old Streetpilot never did it, my Zumo isn't doing it, just the new Montana 600. Why?

Missing a routable map apparently. I have a 2011 city navigator CD that came with my Zumo, will this be suitable for the Montana? Does anybody know?

The Montana can do some quite cool things, but apart from that is it is probably the biggest pain in the behind I've ever invested money in. My biggest issue is when the map does not follow the roads exactly then it will recalculate the route, and switch itself off .... I just got back from the Balkans where I rode most of the time without a route as the map is not exactly where the roads are... grrrr...

My biggest issue is when the map does not follow the roads exactly then it will recalculate the route, and switch itself off ....

Not that it should make any difference, but is it behind a fairing?
Mine works AOK except when they move the road.

The Montana can do some quite cool things, but apart from that is it is probably the biggest pain in the behind I've ever invested money in. My biggest issue is when the map does not follow the roads exactly then it will recalculate the route, and switch itself off .... I just got back from the Balkans where I rode most of the time without a route as the map is not exactly where the roads are... grrrr...

Which firmware version are you on? Mine used to switch itself off and/or sezie occasionally but hasn't for the last few updates.

Missing a routable map apparently. I have a 2011 city navigator CD that came with my Zumo, will this be suitable for the Montana? Does anybody know?

Only if you have an unlock code for this mapping version and for your specific Montana. Unlock codes are matched to both device and mapping version.

There are complex mean of getting postcode searching working with OpenStreetMap mapping data, not for the faint hearted though.

Unlock codes are matched to both device and mapping version.

Since when? Only ever seen map version unlock codes... If the worst came to the worst, you can always download a key generator :augie

Back
Top Bottom