Warning B4380 (between Ironbridge and Atcham)

jbodin

Reaction score
A word of warning particularly the B4380 a road in the West Midlands,between Ironbridge and Atcham near misses involving deer.
This saturday at around 9.30am I was riding along this road when passing through a tree lined area an adult deer jumped through the edge which I narrowly missed,however the other deer following it hit me full on. The results are probably written the bike off, a1200 GSA 5 hours for me in A&E ,bruised like never before and a great deal of aches, but nothing broken.
The day was very warm,and although I decided not to wear just jeans and a lightweight motorcycle jacket.I wore my usual Rallye 2 suit
I have very severe bruising to knees arms and my system 4 heemet is now ruined but the protection I had saved me from severe injury.
I have headed this thread as a warning when riding this particular road which is a popular route for motorcycles,but also as warning not to relax wearing protective riding gear as so often happens when the weather gets hot,there is the temptation to leave off protective clothes. Thank god I decided not to.
I was just in the wrong place and had no control over what happened.

warning

thanks for the warning
glad you made it and all the best

Sorry to hear that, but glad you're ok.:thumb Did it run into the side of you, or did you hit it front on?

Lucky escape mate, I use that road a lot, would you be one of the same I saw at Quatt cafe on Friday ?

A word of warning particularly the B4380 a road in the West Midlands,between Ironbridge and Atcham near misses involving deer.
This saturday at around 9.30am I was riding along this road when passing through a tree lined area an adult deer jumped through the edge which I narrowly missed,however the other deer following it hit me full on. The results are probably written the bike off, a1200 GSA 5 hours for me in A&E ,bruised like never before and a great deal of aches, but nothing broken.
The day was very warm,and although I decided not to wear just jeans and a lightweight motorcycle jacket.I wore my usual Rallye 2 suit
I have very severe bruising to knees arms and my system 4 heemet is now ruined but the protection I had saved me from severe injury.
I have headed this thread as a warning when riding this particular road which is a popular route for motorcycles,but also as warning not to relax wearing protective riding gear as so often happens when the weather gets hot,there is the temptation to leave off protective clothes. Thank god I decided not to.
I was just in the wrong place and had no control over what happened.
On the one hand, yes.

On the other, wearing full protective gear in hot weather brings risks of its own. A very small rise in your body temperature can impair your judgment, reflexes and coordination more than being over the drink drive limit. A sufficient rise in body temperature is easily achieved by a well-built tosser in leather protective gear, gloves and helmet in the current warm and sunny weather.

There are times when it's safer to take your jacket off.

Glad you are ok that's the main thing, how did Bambi fare? Will it be venison steaks on the barbie this weekend:D

Sorry to hear that, but glad you're ok.:thumb Did it run into the side of you, or did you hit it front on?
the road narrows with high edges,the first one just appeared through the edge dashed accross the road,the next one hit me haed enough for a clump of fir tu get wedged between front tyre and wheel rim.

Thanks guys for the good wishes,made me laugh 2 wheel humvee "D" for a ride report.Lord Snooty,taking your comments I went back to the scene,no sign of anything mate. The reality is that there was nothing I could do to avoid what happened,and its really the shock of what could have been and I had no control over the event.Is this the end of biking I ask myself.Lots of emotions at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom