Paint jobs - Please take a look.

That red looks familiar :rolleyes:
Nice job though.
Here's one I finished painting this morning ... there'll be some photos to follow :thumb

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3mMEbFhZdeo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Must be the resolution of my monitor, still a very nice colour combination.

For those of you that enjoy looking at freshly painted R90s parts please soak these up as I'm hoping I'll never have to paint another one, to say it was a paint in arse is an understatement. The only saving grace being the customer I did it for is an utterly splendid chap!

It's now going off for hand pin striping over the top as per the original.

IMG_4803 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_4805 by tunneruk, on Flickr

Chris, looking at your work, you obviously take a lot of time and care over your paint jobs.

Do you know how BMW did the originals of the R90s paint work to time and cost? Were they of a lesser quality or is there a production line technique that they employed?

Loving your work. Will book something in, possibly later this year.

Chris, looking at your work, you obviously take a lot of time and care over your paint jobs.

Do you know how BMW did the originals of the R90s paint work to time and cost? Were they of a lesser quality or is there a production line technique that they employed?

Loving your work. Will book something in, possibly later this year.

I have no idea whether they had a procedure but I suspect that the repetition of the same scheme coupled with a paint setup geared around colour fades as BMW were famous for would have made the paint process fairly efficient.

As a one-off, setting up and painting it right - first time (you really can't practice) is quite stressful. I'm glad you can appreciate the effort that I put in, there are many that don't realise just how much goes into creating the finished product, the part of the process that involves a spray gun only makes constitutes about 10% of the time involved in completing whole job from start to finish.

I was asked to paint this R9T Scrambler. It came to me straight from the dealership with 1 mile on the clock :eek:

Copper candy then bronze candy detailing followed by several coats of clear!

IMG_4577 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_4580 by tunneruk, on Flickr

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3mMEbFhZdeo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IMG_4758 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_4765 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_9405 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_9408 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_9436 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_9413 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_9414 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_9430 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_9424 by tunneruk, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom