Paint jobs - Please take a look.

I was sat on his Triumph a couple of weeks ago, we were chatting about the bike and eventually the conversation turned to the old bars. He thought that he might make them into a feature to go on the wall.

I can see room for an annual UKGSER Tunner trophy for ..... something!!

A real talent Chris had, was his ability to tell you when he thought your ideas were crap, without offending.

I remember at an early stage when we were working on the il Bastardo Ducati. I was happy to leave most of the design ideas to him - the only firm idea I had was around some designs and colour schemes for the tank.

I can hear Chris now looking at my sketches and saying "yes Paul, we could do that but we don't want it to look like the sign outside a pizza shop, do we"?

Fantastic!

So we did it his way, and naturally, I loved it. :D:D

I remember telling Chris exactly what I wanted for my SV project... He didn't prefer the 'ring' around the headlamp, but when I insisted and he finished the job he agreed it looked ace.

That to me was a big compliment.

I feel grateful to have worked up at least a couple of schemes for him... very sad I'll not get to do more.

Just heard today of Chris’s passing- a real shock, only met him a couple of times but a real craftsman and lovely man.
Thinking of his loved ones
RIP

Back
Top Bottom