Paint jobs - Please take a look.

Now there’s a thought.
How about a meet up, same as but bit of notice and perhaps more machines?

A selection of properly shaped handlebars?

Ha!

And you should see the detailing in those handlebars - tiny barely-there switches for high/low beam and horn, with built in LED idiot lights for neutral and oil pressure.

Proper craftsmanship.

Thinking about it, you probably have seen them - but worth mentioning in dispatches regardless :beerjug:

It's been a while guys .... apologies!

Chris brought me his Bonneville which he'd customised. The last job on his list was the paint.

Black Cherry candy over metal flake gold with 'CT Off white' panels ....

This one bit me ... and it bit me hard. (See the video)

IMG_8601 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_8597 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_8594 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_8602 by tunneruk, on Flickr

<iframe width="1000" height="550" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PRhTHvGOTOE" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

_MG_0218 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_0216 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_0239 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_0241 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_0248 by tunneruk, on Flickr

_MG_0225 by tunneruk, on Flickr

Now thats a very nice blend of colours and the chassis number adds a good talking point , superb job :D

So my old mate Chad ........

Earlier in the pages on this thread there is a post about an 1150GSA tank that I painted in the anniversary scheme but in black and yellow ....

IMG_6858 by tunneruk, on Flickr

Well after painting it Chad's eye got drawn by a Harley and he sold the 1150 (foolishly)
To cut a long story short and to skip about 3 years he bought another 1150 and managed to buy that very same tank back from the guy that now owns that bike (who isn't the guy he sold it to)

Sadly it's not had a cherished life and was a bit knocked about ... So ... I think you can guess ...

I was left to my own devices with this one. The brief was understated but stunning :eek

IMG_8790 3 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_8789 3 by tunneruk, on Flickr

The eagle eyed among you will notice that I deleted the badge recesses ....

IMG_8856 4 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_8857 4 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_8858 4 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_8860 4 by tunneruk, on Flickr

For some perspective ... those BMW badges I painted are 100mm diameter in order to look right on the side of such a big tank ...

IMG_8884 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_8887 by tunneruk, on Flickr

<iframe width="1000" height="550" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jr0kDxuWmuk" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That is simply stunning.

I love this thread. The skill and workmanship involved in these projects is outstanding.

Chris - do we get to see the tank and side panels on the Laverda? :thumb2 Was there not a tailpiece too?

I dare say you'll get to see them at some point, the job was for a forum member ... I suspect the completion of the paintwork was somewhat ahead of the completion if the rest of the bike. There was no tail piece, the bike had a modified sear and rear mudguard combination from memory.

Back
Top Bottom