Keihan headers and crash bars

robb

Reaction score
Anyone got crash bars fitted with Keihan headers? I'm looking at sw-motech but the disclaimer on nippy Normans ref Remus headers is putting me off.

:beerjug: in advance

2012 model not GSA

I had Keihans and SW-Motech bars on my 56 plate 1200, no problems.

I believe Keihan state that the dimensions of ther headers are identical to standard, without the Cat of course.

Sw-Motech and Remus do not fit together

The Keihans are the identical dimension of the OEM exhaust so will fit with any crash bars. Buy the best with confidence:thumb

Update to an old thread..I have just fitted remus headers to my 2010 twin cam with swmotech crash bars and they fit fine. These are the pipes with just one joint, maybe a different shape to the Remus pipes with two joints? The bike runs much nicer with decat pipes, a Leo vince silencer and hilltop remap/software.

I took the crash bars off after a very low speed tumble (ice). One was bent one back so hard into the rocker cover that I had to remove the cover in order to get the bent bar off the bike. I also had to straighten the rocker cover retaining bolts. Any more impact would have cracked the cylinder head itself. I also had Touratech aluminium and stainless steel head covers on the bike but they are are equally bad. There is no "give" so all the force goes across three little M6 bolts. Both increase the risk of cracking the cylinder head casting. Rockers covers are cheap by comparison to that.

IMO, the GSA tank bars do a good job, but the engine crash bars increase point loads at the cylinder head. I fitted some solid head protection covers made from crash bung material like these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Alpha-Rider-Motorcycle-Motorbike-Protector/dp/B073ZBD33V. Impact loads are spread across the rocker cover face.

Back
Top Bottom