Evo tech crash bar

dogmaboy

Reaction score
Hello. I am new to the forum and hoping you can help me. I have searched the threads on your crash bars and have seen nothing about Evo Tech. They appear to be quite good and have a unique design. Can anyone offer any feedback?
Thankyou in advance, Dogmaboy

Hello. I am new to the forum and hoping you can help me. I have searched the threads on your crash bars and have seen nothing about Evo Tech. They appear to be quite good and have a unique design. Can anyone offer any feedback?
Thankyou in advance, Dogmaboy

Hi Dogmaboy, if you are talking about the EvoTech in Lincolnshire I live not too far away, I searched for a very long time for engine bars for my GS LC & came across these right on my doorstep, I struggled with the piccys they supplied so went in for a look at them in person, they are an engineering company that have been making parts for the race teams, (the Honda team are based in Louth)..
So, upon arrival one of their guys showed me all the bits for my new BMW, I ordered most the bits, & waited for them to be made.
The engine bars are made from approx 10mm flat bar & the blocks are machined & threaded & held together with stainless screws, they come coated & the ones I saw were fitted to a bike..
Now the best bit, most of the bits you see are made from Aluminium, they look like heavy steel & was pleasantly surprised when my box of bits arrived..
I also asked if I scratch or damage the bars are the bits available without buying a full kit, their answer was yes as we make every individual part on site..
I'm rubbish posting piccys on here but send me email address & I'll send u piccys..

Have to say, they look pretty cool, but at the end of the day its a cylinder head cover, very similar to the MachineArt ones, but they are £200 cheaper!!

Snaponphil, thanks very much for the info. I have got some photos. In you opinion, do they look as though they would protect the bike if it fell off a stand for instance?
Regards, Dogmaboy

Thanks RitchieS, based on looks, they appear to be a little stronger than the MachineArt ones. But I agree, £200 is a lot of money. Are there any others you would recommend?
Cheers, Dogmaboy.

Hi Dogmaboy, the piccys on the site don't do the protectors any favours, they are an engineering work of art, they attach to the engine supports & frame, not just a bolt on item like all the rest, in the event of a fall or an off it would need to be a VERY hard one to damage the bike frame or even distort these protectors.. They are made from 50mm x 10mm alloy flat bar & bent & machined to fit..
After looking hard for 4 months & visiting shows & exhibitions 1 would say these are the ultimate in protectors. At the moment I've seen nothing to even come close to the design or quality.

Hi Dogmaboy, the piccys on the site don't do the protectors any favours, they are an engineering work of art, they attach to the engine supports & frame, not just a bolt on item like all the rest, in the event of a fall or an off it would need to be a VERY hard one to damage the bike frame or even distort these protectors.. They are made from 50mm x 10mm alloy flat bar & bent & machined to fit..
After looking hard for 4 months & visiting shows & exhibitions 1 would say these are the ultimate in protectors. At the moment I've seen nothing to even come close to the design or quality.

Thanks again Snaponphil. I will check out the shipping rates to Australia. Cheers, Dogmaboy

Other items I eventually ordered, might save you shipping costs..
Rear wheel centre cover..
Radiator guards..
Air intake inlet guards..
I seem to remember seeing shipments going to USA & Australia when I went to collect some of my kit.. Might be worth asking if they have agents or suppliers already close to you..

Other items I eventually ordered, might save you shipping costs..
Rear wheel centre cover..
Radiator guards..
Air intake inlet guards..
I seem to remember seeing shipments going to USA & Australia when I went to collect some of my kit.. Might be worth asking if they have agents or suppliers already close to you..

Hi Snaponphil,
I took your advice and purchased the Evotech bars. I received them promptly and put them on over the weekend. They are beautifully made and designed as you said. My only query is, is there a way to top up the oil without removing the crash bar? Would a touratech oil filler plug help in this situation?
Thanks again,
Dogmaboy

Hi, beautifully engineered aren't they..
I'm not sure about the oil as mines done close to 8k now & not used a drop of oil, I did wonder when it was serviced how they got the oil filler cap off without excess charge for the service..
If u find a suitable quality replacement oil filler cap let me know..

Hi, beautifully engineered aren't they..
I'm not sure about the oil as mines done close to 8k now & not used a drop of oil, I did wonder when it was serviced how they got the oil filler cap off without excess charge for the service..
If u find a suitable quality replacement oil filler cap let me know..

Super old post but I'd love to see some pics of the crashbars installed. Would love to know the gap as you are looking down on the bike. Ideally, I would like to keep my MachineArtMoto protectors on as well as the Evotechs.

Crappy picture taken in my garage tonight.
24258605ca215aae5993ac2c2fb8c2eb.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! How much of a gap is there between the bars and the cylinder head?

There’s a rubber pad that fills the space between the valve cover and the crash bar. I’ve only had them on for about 1k miles but they seem great.

There’s a rubber pad that fills the space between the valve cover and the crash bar. I’ve only had them on for about 1k miles but they seem great.

Ahh so no chance of having the head covers on at the same time. They do look brilliant and good thing the outside pad is replaceable

Hi peoples, update for you, my crash bars have had a couple of down the road real world offs, nothing at speed but hit an oily patch & once in a concrete slimy river bed, the only thing that has got damaged are the protectors themselves, nothing has gone out of alignment just superficial scratches that previously I get sandpaper & a block & a tin of heat resistant exhaust paint that seemed to match up well.
The engine bars also make it easier to get the bike upright quicker as if like me I feel a right tit after an off..

Hi peoples, update for you, my crash bars have had a couple of down the road real world offs, nothing at speed but hit an oily patch & once in a concrete slimy river bed, the only thing that has got damaged are the protectors themselves, nothing has gone out of alignment just superficial scratches that previously I get sandpaper & a block & a tin of heat resistant exhaust paint that seemed to match up well.
The engine bars also make it easier to get the bike upright quicker as if like me I feel a right tit after an off..

Care to post some pictures of the damage? The downside to these crash bars is they are almost too good looking!

Care to post some pictures of the damage? The downside to these crash bars is they are almost too good looking!

Embarrassed about the damage to be honest, I’ve tarted them up previously, this time the damage is still showing, I’ll take a few piccys & post them.
Bearing in mind there are no damage to the other parts that hit the deck, except slight scratches to the top box, which says it all, was a deep meaningful spill

Embarrassed about the damage to be honest, I’ve tarted them up previously, this time the damage is still showing, I’ll take a few piccys & post them.
Bearing in mind there are no damage to the other parts that hit the deck, except slight scratches to the top box, which says it all, was a deep meaningful spill

Thanks mate. Keen to see if they show up damage badly considering they are powder coated

Back
Top Bottom