Evo tech crash bar

Mine are gouged to bits, fell on a rough concrete river bed, any others you would write off.. I’m sure these will look okay

I will agree that the protectors look good. But protectors made of aluminum? How many times will they handle a fall before they break?

Mine are gouged to bits, fell on a rough concrete river bed, any others you would write off.. I’m sure these will look okay

Well, the thing is, aluminum accumulates stress. They may handle a few falls, but for every fall the bars will become weaker until they break. If the protectors are "used", they will eventually break. That is what aluminum do...

Well, the thing is, aluminum accumulates stress. They may handle a few falls, but for every fall the bars will become weaker until they break. If the protectors are "used", they will eventually break. That is what aluminum do...

Not these baby’s, you would need to study the pictures & take note of the size or have actually seen them in the flesh..

Not these baby’s, you would need to study the pictures & take note of the size or have actually seen them in the flesh..
They might be sturdy, and the fact that most GS-bikes are never dropped they will probably last. But ANY alumininum accumulates stress, so, if the crash-bars are "used" a given number of times they may crack from even a small bump.
On the other hand, for all practical purposes, most bikes are knoked over less than maybe 5 times in their lifespan, and it will probably take way more than 5 times to make them brake.

And, judging from the picture, they look good :thumb

Back
Top Bottom