Changing Fog Light Bulbs 2013 R1200GS Adv

Tony Smith

de-Smiffy
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I was thinking of changing my H11 55W Fog Light bulbs for 7.5W LED's.

I tend to ride with my Fog Lights on, also my HID headlight, I am anxious about the draw on the alternator having fried the one on my 955i Tiger.

I know that the BMW alternator is capable of running all the lights, however, the fog lights look yellow by comparison with the HID Head Light and LED's look blue white.

Has anyone done this, any tips or warnings?

Will the CanBus system allow this to happen?

Any experience or help out there?

Also, I only have a 30 inch inside leg, my latest GSA appears slightly taller than my 2008 version (same fully adjustable electronic suspension as each other) with my Low Low seat, I still feel a little tippy toes when not loaded unlike the previous model.

I noticed that there is a Wunderlich torque arm that lowers/raises the rear by 7mm, anyone have any idea if this actually gives a lower standover height at all?

If so how much, 7mm does not sound too much and they are expensive if the benefit is not great.

Any knowledge?

Cheers,
Tony.

H11 PGJ19 Xenon 7.5W

I have fitted H11 PGJ19 Xenon 7.5W 48SMD TURBO LED CANBUS ERROR FREE Fog Bulbs BMW (car).

No error light shown on computer and they are a bright white light (rather than yellow) and highly visible.

Tony.

Tony,

I've had a look at the bulbs on flea bay, I take it you just bought a generic one that fits all makes of car and they worked ok? I've got R1200GSA 2011 and although the standard foggy's are bright, winters on its way and I want to burn retinas so they have no excuses!

I have no experience of the lowering bars from Wunder, but I do know as you probably do, that if you buy a new GS/A from BMW and want their lowering kit fitted you can't have the Electronic damping?

Cheers, Rob.

just found this thread...

My fog lights also look yellow in comparison to the HID headlight dip.....

(2010 GSA)

Will these bulbs fit as a straight replacement? :thumb2

Fitted a set to my 2010 ...bright white light similar to the HID dip ....been in since July, no issues or errors :thumb2

Edit: I also later looked for a pair for a mate, and couldn't find the same ones, so got the nearest I could find, and the apeture on the lens wasnt big enough for the bulb body to go through..

I then found another pair that were fine. Just looked and the ones I bought do not have a plastic tube over the led's....

Again I cant find any similar on ebay. This is what they look like :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    12.3 KB · Views: 682

Back
Top Bottom