New to GSers!

markharnett

Reaction score
Hi All,

My name is Mark, and I am from Basingstoke (why do I suddenly feel like I am on a rubbish Saturday night quiz show??!!)

I do not currently have a GS, but looking to get one in the coming months, so just doing all I can to read up about the bike beforehand, thus ensuring I am fully prepared when going off to buy one.

I have been riding for about 9 years, and my first bike was a Honda CBR600F. I then progressed on to a Triumph Daytona 675 (just fell in love with it's good looks from the start!). I sold that a couple of years ago now, as I had a sudden realisation that it was always tempting me to go faster, and I was becoming more aware of my own mortality. I also wanted to try something new with building kit cars, and I needed funds for the job.

I built my first car (MEV Rocket - a bit like an Ariel Atom, just not as fast or expensive!) and then decided to build another, so sold that. I am now building a AC Cobra replica, which is a completely different beast, but will be awesome when done. It will have a 5.9L Chevy V8 in it, and I can't wait for the first drive (or should I say crawl, cos I think it is going to scare the pants off me!)

Any how, I have suddenly got the pang to get another bike, but thought the slightly less racey nature of an adventure/tourer would be the best way forward. The reviews I have read of the GS state that is just this, but also is not afraid to be chucked in to corners, so I think this is the best of both worlds for me.

Looking forward to learning things here and contributing where I can!

Cheers
Mark

Greetings & welcome to the forum....:D

I made the move from sports bike to a GS 5 years ago and not a single regret to be had.....

Get yourself subscribed and you'll have access to all areas of the forum.....;)

Welcome Mark, I live in Amazingstoke too... Had a GSA for 19months and 9k miles, I came from a ZX10r and before that a ZX7r. Damaged my shoulder at work so stop riding sports bikes... But the GSA is very very capable and in sports mode can be just as fun, fast and flickable! Just parted with mine for the new GSA... Love em

I made the move from ZX10's and 9's in April this year. I bought a GS rather than GSA simply due to funds and lower weight and couldn't agree more with the comments already made above. Absolutely love it and OMG does it handle. :)

streetbiker I am sure you are more than capable but have you seen the size of mine (lol)
I am like a lot of people had my zx9 then blackbird loved every mint on them but imo time are changing and now
have a gsa would I go back atm NO I am enjoying every ride I do and have a smile on my chin all the time no more knees under my armpits

Hi Mark,
I am in Basing-grad too and used to have a kit-car, seems to be more common than I would have thought! Get yerself down to Alton and have a good play on a demo, the guys there have always been great to me!

Hi Mark,
I am in Basing-grad too and used to have a kit-car, seems to be more common than I would have thought! Get yerself down to Alton and have a good play on a demo, the guys there have always been great to me!

Hi Gnits!

What kit did you have?

I heard the dealer in Alton is pretty good, so definitely need to get myself down there!

Mark

Man, I am so crap at checking posts!
I had a Murtaya, it was great but the company folded with recession issues which was a real shame. I looked at the Rocket, Atom, Grinnall and others but needed something with a roof as it was my only car, ironically enough after that I only had the GS which obviously has no roof!
How did you fair with the bike shopping?

Back
Top Bottom